Tuesday Cheap Night Movie IS Back..if you know the secret handshake!

by Into the Rabbit Hole on February 18, 2010 · 10 comments

It isn’t really advertised and you have to ask for it, as at the box office they don’t willingly offer it, but it does exist. And once you say the ‘magic’ words you get telus tuesday 1/2 price tickets. The regular telus tuesday deal is available to all cineplex guests on tuesday nights. (I just went last tuesday to SilverCity). The movie combo is the ‘technical’ telus 1/2 price deal and includes regular size popcorn and pop and is around $10.90 (you can upsize for 50cents each). But what the staff won’t offer or tell you (it is like the witness protection program!) is just the ticket price is available. BUT you can ASK to opt out of the popcorn and pop and get just a tuesday night movie admission for $5.75 (after taxes!). What a great deal! The popcorn and pop combo is a good price too if you are having popcorn and pop. But with kids and families do I want to get them each a popcorn and pop? No!! So it is great to know we can have a cheap family movie night out for $5.75 each.

I have to say though it is frustrating that they do not openly offer this…you have to ask! I want to thank a good friend of mine for finding all this out as she went through a lot of investigative work to ‘break’ through the mystery. Thanks Jane!

But now that I know, tuesdays here I come. So enjoy movies as a family again!

Kelly P February 18, 2010 at 1:49 pm

THANK YOU!!!
I liked that it was a better deal, but I still didn’t want to pay $10 each to go to the movies, even with the goodies “free”… the calories still count and I could rent a movie for sooo much less. $5.75 though…. now my husband might actually be able to drag me out to the movies next week!

carl February 27, 2010 at 9:47 am

that is good news.

Empire theatres has a similar deal on Tuesdays, except they break it up without a secret handshake.

$5.99 admission and $5.99 for a large combo.
(not exactly sure on the combo price, but it is close to that)

murf1511 February 28, 2010 at 1:53 pm

Unbelievable! My daughter WORKS for Silver City and didn’t tell me that! (course she gets in for free…)
Thanks for letting us in on that, I am a regular Tuesday movie goer!
Of course you do know that it’s 3.00 on Tuesdays at the Roxy…

Toolgirl March 1, 2010 at 6:17 pm

This is fantastic. Our whole family can enjoy a night out at the movies. Thanks a bunch for researching and sharing this valuable info. Woot!!!

John August 3, 2010 at 1:54 pm

Do u get a deal on popcorn and pop too?

Tam August 5, 2010 at 12:23 am

Really, How do I find out the magic words??? Is it Telus? I am confused.

Jess August 6, 2010 at 4:04 pm

what are the magic words? :S
im confuuussedd ! help !

Into the Rabbit Hole September 27, 2010 at 1:37 pm

Hello all,
The Telus deal no longer is happening through SilverCity but they have a tuesday special. It is $11.92 for a pop, popcorn and movie ticket. They no longer offer just the discounted movie ticket. Hope that clears things up.

TOM February 24, 2011 at 7:45 pm

Not entirely accurate. This like most things was based on location, location, location. As of 2011 its been discontinued at most places, but they still offer a reduced ticket price. Looks like less movies for me.

Sammy February 28, 2011 at 6:14 pm

Hi there, my mother just went to a show last week at Silvercity Tillicum and they are still offering the 11.92 Tuesday special. Ticket pop and popcorn I believe. Hope that helps.