KIV Community

anyone have any kids in tillicum elementary school?

Friendly discussion on all issues related to parenting. Stories, experiences, alternatives, tips and support. This is a place to share ideas with other parents on the tough job of raising kids.

Moderators: Keeper, Sue, Glowingtouch, kattnipp

anyone have any kids in tillicum elementary school?

Postby bexx on Thu Jan 27, 2005 8:16 pm

Tillicum elementary school is the school in our catchment area
and i was wondering if anyone has any info on this school?
my daughter will be entering kindegarten this sept and i would love some feedback if anyone has any
Tillicum does not provide an info night for new kindergarten parents until may and we have to register in feb!

thanks in advance :)
bexx
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Postby ts on Thu Jan 27, 2005 8:59 pm

last year I had the same thing happen, but I went to the schools that I was interested in, and asked to talk to the principal. they will usually give you a tour, and sometimes the kindergarten class will let you watch for a bit.
It made a big difference for me, because I could see how things were handled and personalities that would work for our family!
Don't be affraid to ask, this is your child, and they know you just want the best.
ts
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Region:

Postby mumsy on Thu Jan 27, 2005 11:38 pm

Hi,
My son is in grade 3 at Tillicum Elem and has been going there since kdgn. Mrs Eby (the principal) is really nice and she runs a tight ship. If you have any questions or concerns she has an open door policy. The PAC are also wonderful parents, maybe you could come with me to a meeting if you are interested. Email me.
Lori
mumsy
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Postby Eva on Fri Jan 28, 2005 8:51 am

Hi
I agree with ts. My dd will be starting kindergarten this year as well, so I just phoned all the elem. schools in our area, got permission from the principal and then went to them just before the kindergarten class got out. I got to tour the whole schools, talk with the kindergarten teacher and the principal, music teacher etc. It was so helpful, I'm really gald that I did it. Good luck to you!
Eva
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Region:

Return to Parenting