KIV Community

Has anyones child ever have lymphnods at neck and base of sk

Friendly discussion on all issues related to parenting. Stories, experiences, alternatives, tips and support. This is a place to share ideas with other parents on the tough job of raising kids.

Moderators: Keeper, Sue, Glowingtouch, kattnipp

Has anyones child ever have lymphnods at neck and base of sk

Postby soon2be6 on Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:32 pm

Our 3 month old dd has 5 pea sized swollen Lymphnods at the sides of her neck and base of her skull...I have taken her to our doctor and we have done some blood work and she is being sent for an ultrasound....its freaking me out, our doctor told me today that she "Doesn't "think" its cancer" ...WTF CANCER!!!! Now I can barely keep it together I did the blood work this afternoon but with this being a long weekend I figure I won't get any results until at the earliest Tuesday...I will be a nervous wreak by then!!! I was told NOT to Google it, but my doctor did say I should to the blood work right away ..infact that I should leave her office and go straight to the hospital and get it done...I LOVE our little girl with all my heart, I want nothing more then for her to be healthy, and happy( which she is:)

PLEASE anyone that has had these or know anyone that has had these that can ease my mind a bit before we find out whats gong our with our sweet angel....
soon2be6
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Re: Has anyones child ever have lymphnods at neck and base of sk

Postby it's only me on Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:56 pm

Both my boys have had (one still has at age 3) swollen lymph nodes. My 3 year old always seems to have a virus of some kind, so they seem to be persistently swollen.

Does she have a cold? I suppose your doctor would have figured that if that was the case.

Not sure if I have been much help. I hope you get the answers you need.
it's only me
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Postby fab4 on Sat Oct 08, 2011 8:55 am

Both of my kids have had swollen lymph nods in their necks. My ds was just months old when I felt the first one. He was just fighting a virus, they still pop up when he's under the weather and he's 6.
Sounds like you have a great Dr that is just covering all the bases, I know it's stressful but try not to worry. Enjoy your weekend :)
fab4
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Postby barb on Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:26 pm

My son has one that is and has always been there - we first discovered it when he was about 3 months old. He is 11 years old now :D ....I have had the doctor check it everytime I go in. His is nothing to worry about. I do hope that you get answers soon...I know what it's like waiting for answers. I wish you peace this Thanksgiving weekend. Try not to worry too much :)
barb
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Postby the_mom on Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:11 pm

My 2year old DS has a few in his neck and the doctor felt them and said they were normal and common and they would go away in time. He showed me that my other ds(age 4) had them too (which I never noticed) and that they were smaller because he was older. Keep us posted.
the_mom
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Postby fairviewsue on Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:21 am

I noticed them in my girlie at 2 weeks. doc said no big deal and very common.
fairviewsue
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Postby girlie on Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:41 pm

Lymphnodes are very common swollen in the neck. I'm a Thyroid cancer survivor and what I learned is that the ultrasound will most times show cancer or non cancer cells present... It's the best detection. So, after U/S you will know most times what the results are when dr has them ready. I have a lump in my neck now and Dr's say because of my U/S looks good, we will just watch the size often. If surgery is required, most times the dr has a good idea that results may not be great or unsure if cancer so they will book in for surgery. Hope all is better!:)
girlie
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Region:

Postby renka on Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:32 pm

Don't mean to pry....how is your baby? Did it all turn out ok?
renka
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Return to Parenting