KIV Community

The Attitude is KILLING me lol

Friendly discussion on all issues related to parenting. Stories, experiences, alternatives, tips and support. This is a place to share ideas with other parents on the tough job of raising kids.

Moderators: Keeper, Sue, Glowingtouch, kattnipp

The Attitude is KILLING me lol

Postby oneluckygirl on Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:20 pm

Our lovely 5yr old ds has a SERIOUS case of attitude.. Nothing he says or asks doesn't have some kind of sass.. aNd his manners are out the window... today at every meal, wasnt mom can i have lunch it was mom get me lunch im just like EXCUSE ME... we had a good week or two leading up to xmas, and then xmas is over and we are back to the same ld crap... im not a fan thats for sure... and anything he is asked do he replies with a no about 5 times before he finally does it ahhhhh is it time to go back to school yet lol
oneluckygirl
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Re: The Attitude is KILLING me lol

Postby kattnipp on Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:41 pm

Is this is first year at school? Not preschool or day care but full time school?
I only ask because I really did find our daughter had an attitude when she started primary. It got better as the year wore on but it was rough at first.
Talk without offending.
Listen without defending.
kattnipp

Postby oneluckygirl on Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:00 pm

oneluckygirl
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Postby Max on Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:18 pm

My dd is 6.5 and we are just coming out of the attitude, where she remembers how to ask for things politely, instead of demanding. For a long time it would be, 'Did you forget that I asked for hot chocolate an HOUR AGO???' Hands on hips, head cocked. She has ALWAYS been the diva of the house. Just keep reminding him of his manners, often it is that they forget from minute to minute. My slightly less primadonna boys also went through this, and are now two very well-mannered young men. :-D
Don't give a poop about a catchy sig...

~Max~
Max
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Region:

Postby oneluckygirl on Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:18 pm

Lol @ Max thank you :) I hope he goes back to normal lol, he used to be sooooo good with manners everyone used to comment on it too lol and now Im like omg im so embarassed some days cuz im like this is sooo not the same lil boy sometimes haha
oneluckygirl
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Return to Parenting