KIV Community

Why does my 8 week old NOT sleep longer than 15 mins?

Friendly discussion on all issues related to parenting. Stories, experiences, alternatives, tips and support. This is a place to share ideas with other parents on the tough job of raising kids.

Moderators: Keeper, Sue, Glowingtouch, kattnipp

Re: Why does my 8 week old NOT sleep longer than 15 mins?

Postby monikah on Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:39 pm

It looks like you've tried just about everything...don't be afraid to try things again in a few weeks, who knows, they may work.

Our daughter was a really awful sleeper. We'd find one way to get her to sleep and then it wouldn't work anymore and we'd have to find some other way.

The things that worked for us with our babies: swaddling++ until about 3 months, then sleep-sacks++, having naps in the swing, soft blankets under the bassinet sheet (never liked the feel of those plastic mattresses), also, at night, taking baby to bed with you+++.

MY MAIN TIP (at least, it worked great for DS): queen sized mattress on the floor of my bedroom. I would nurse him lying down, then when he fell asleep, I would either fall asleep too or roll away and get out of bed. The BIG PLUS with this one is there is no transferring involved. Baby falls asleep where he's going to sleep. I feel this is better for baby and easier for you. It must be kind of unnerving to fall asleep in one place and wake up in another.

DD was bad for waking up as soon as we crept away. The fix for this: hand on belly and vibrate your hand and hum. Then gradually stop humming and vibrating when baby gets back into deeper sleep. Then tip-toe away!

Hugs!
monikah
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Region:

Previous

Return to Parenting