KIV Community

mcfd

Friendly discussion on all issues related to parenting. Stories, experiences, alternatives, tips and support. This is a place to share ideas with other parents on the tough job of raising kids.

Moderators: Keeper, Sue, Glowingtouch, kattnipp

mcfd

Postby Mommy_123 on Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:37 pm

What can i do when someone in the ministry is not my worker and looked into my file (snooping around) and told a few ppl about my file that is suppose to be private.
Can i go after mcfd
Mommy_123
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Region:

Re: mcfd

Postby StitchedUp on Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:35 am

Yes, you can complain. If you don't get any satisfaction from MCFD itself, you can take your complaint to the Ombudsperson.

"Welcome! If you think a provincial government ministry or public agency has treated you unfairly, we may be able to help. The Office of the Ombudsperson receives enquiries and complaints about the practices and services of public agencies within its jurisdiction. Our role is to impartially investigate these complaints to determine whether public agencies have acted fairly and reasonably, and whether their actions and decisions were consistent with relevant legislation, policies and procedures. Our services are provided free of charge.

The B.C. Ombudsperson is an officer of the provincial legislature; independent of government and political parties; responsible for making sure that the administrative practices and services of public agencies are fair, reasonable, appropriate and equitable. If you have questions or would like to make a complaint, please contact us."
StitchedUp
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Re: mcfd

Postby angela dawn on Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:09 pm

MCFD has a quality assurance dept.
If this happened, the SW will be investigated and her account will show who's file she is looking on. If it has nothing to do with her caseload thats a breach of confidentiality.
Hope that helps...
angela dawn
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Return to Parenting