KIV Community

Ideas for 14yr old girls birthday party??

Friendly discussion on all issues related to parenting. Stories, experiences, alternatives, tips and support. This is a place to share ideas with other parents on the tough job of raising kids.

Moderators: Keeper, Sue, Glowingtouch, kattnipp

Ideas for 14yr old girls birthday party??

Postby Parent on Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:37 pm

My daughter is turning 14. She wants to have 6-8 (maybe 1-2 more) girls for a party. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Also has anyone done a mall scavenger hunt? Info?
Murder mystery party? Info? Hard to do?
Parent
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Re: Ideas for 14yr old girls birthday party??

Postby ttbrown80 on Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:20 am

Slumber Party - murder mystery
ttbrown80
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Region:

Postby Parent on Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:11 pm

Hello everyone. I'm still sorting out the 14 year old girls birthday party, but still struggling (I'm not very good at this sort of thing)

I am checking into Langford lanes (bowling and a movie at our house), but the reservations seem impossible to sort out - any advice on how to navigate their system? We were hoping for Fri/Sat night but we can't reserve - I'm not going to have a bunch of kids show up and then not be able to bowl....

I'm also interested in maybe trying a murder mystery party as I mentioned before, but I don't know anything about to go about it. Has anyone organized a murder mystery for teens? How did it go? What did you do? Which game did you use?

Other idea is a mall scavenger party then a sleepover. I'm a bit lukewarm to this idea, but who knows maybe it is great. I heard that you divide the group into teams (groups of 3-4), they HAVE to stay together - give each group $10 and a list of tasks.... Again has anyone done this for teens? Did it work? What did you do and any advice?
Parent
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Postby kbev4 on Sat Sep 28, 2013 5:27 pm

My teens like sleepovers with scavenger hunts at home (in yard if good weather) with pizza & movies. Scavenger hunt was done in teams with tasks to complete (like take a photo of something green with dots) and prizes were awards to each group depending on which finished first (all good prizes). Had a manicure and facial sleepover party once about that age for dd2. I think as long as they are together and have food and movies they will be happy!
kbev4
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Return to Parenting