KIV Community

9 yo picky eater

Friendly discussion on all issues related to parenting. Stories, experiences, alternatives, tips and support. This is a place to share ideas with other parents on the tough job of raising kids.

Moderators: Keeper, Sue, Glowingtouch, kattnipp

Re: 9 yo picky eater

Postby Elby_03 on Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:40 pm

Nice post !
Elby_03
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Re: 9 yo picky eater

Postby 2plus2 on Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:15 am

I can relate on some level but with a 4 year old that doesn't eat. We recently learned his tonsils are enlarged and growing abnormally for his body which may be a part of the problem. He had to go for an X-ray to see if his adenoids are also enlarged. If so, he will need them removed. It may sounds obvious but our DS1 is being followed very closely due to a metabolic disorder and this seemed to have gotten missed with everyone so focused on the more critical condition. Just thought I would put this out there... Maybe your child's health care providers have been so focused on the parasite, something like enlarged tonsils could have been missed?

I 100% can understand the struggle with nutrient dense food versus just getting them to eat anything. Ultimately, I believe people need nutrients and not something to fill their tummy. If your child takes fluids, expertient with what nutrients can be added there.... Smoothies? Other supplements? I am certainly not an excerpt though and as others have indicated, may be of value to contact QA.

Good luck!!
2plus2
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Previous

Return to Parenting