KIV Community

Anyone else experience this?

Friendly discussion on all issues related to parenting. Stories, experiences, alternatives, tips and support. This is a place to share ideas with other parents on the tough job of raising kids.

Moderators: Keeper, Sue, Glowingtouch, kattnipp

Re: Anyone else experience this?

Postby TazDevil on Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:12 pm

Yes. It depends on DH's mood though. I call it his Brick Wall parent that comes out once in awhile. I think you handled it well. I am not one to waste time engaging in non-productive arguments so I usually wait until he is sane again to discuss it with him.
Be a yardstick of quality. Some people aren't used to an environment where excellence is expected.

Steve Jobs
TazDevil
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Re: Anyone else experience this?

Postby Retrokitty on Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:34 pm

DF and I agree on parenting matters. But we both also do not agree with using punishment on children what so ever. Hes a psychologist and I am in Child and Youth care its both something we were taught does not work.
We do use discipline and consequences though which can be similar. Maybe sit down with him and have a talk? Like consequences should always make sense to the action so maybe sit down and write a bunch of consequences for actions?
Retrokitty
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Return to Parenting