KIV Community

Recommend a really good counsellor for 11-12 year olds?

Friendly discussion on all issues related to parenting. Stories, experiences, alternatives, tips and support. This is a place to share ideas with other parents on the tough job of raising kids.

Moderators: Keeper, Sue, Glowingtouch, kattnipp

Recommend a really good counsellor for 11-12 year olds?

Postby swiftcurrent on Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:11 pm

Hello there.

We are in need of finding someone for our daughter to speak with regarding school, friendships and all that comes with this age. She has so much anxiety about school friends and fitting in. First year in middle school. It has been heart wrenching....
Any good recommendations from experienced counsellor would be very much appreciated. We always start with word of mouth and past good experiences from others.

Thank you so much in advance~
swiftcurrent
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Re: Recommend a really good counsellor for 11-12 year olds?

Postby BabyFair on Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:26 am

Just noticed there haven't been any responses so thought I would chime in. Perhaps you've found what you need by now but just in case, I would suggest chatting with the secretary or the principal or Vice. They are often up to date with resources like that. Or perhaps your school has a counsellor you can ask? I would also be tempted to call Allison Rees, who I don't believe counsels kids but would probably have some names to suggest.
Maybe bumping this post will make it noticed again by someone with a personal suggestion.
Producer of the Vancouver Island Baby Fair September 26 & 27, 2015 at Pearkes Rec Centre

BabyFair
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Region:

Postby StitchedUp on Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:59 am

I was sure this post had garnered a few responses and recommendations. It was posted in the cafe as well as here, and the cafe post got the responses.
StitchedUp
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Postby BabyFair on Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:06 pm

Oh good! I'm glad to hear. If you happen across it, please add the link here as I would be interested to see the responses.
Producer of the Vancouver Island Baby Fair September 26 & 27, 2015 at Pearkes Rec Centre

BabyFair
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Region:

Return to Parenting