KIV Community

CISV

Friendly discussion on all issues related to parenting. Stories, experiences, alternatives, tips and support. This is a place to share ideas with other parents on the tough job of raising kids.

Moderators: Keeper, Sue, Glowingtouch, kattnipp

CISV

Postby jwilson on Wed May 27, 2015 1:00 pm

Hi. Does anyone have anything to say about the CISV (Children's International Summer Village) organization or programs? I hadn't heard of them until I read about it in the Island Parent mag. I'm looking for something to get my kids involved in- not anything religious
jwilson
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Re: CISV

Postby T on Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:42 pm

I did it when I was 10 (so a long time ago ;) ). I don't know if it's changed or not but this is what I remember from it... Once a week we would all be in a school gym where we would play games and do group activities. We got invited to Government House one Saturday for tea (I still remember being in awe of the bathroom). We marched in the Victoria Day Parade. At the end of it, one boy and one girl were selected to attend their summer camp in...Italy I want to say. That year there was also a camp in Victoria so for a weekend in the summer we hosted 2 girls (one from Holland and one from Italy) for the weekend.

I don't remember a religious aspect to it (but I could be blocking it or just not remembering it). I do remember looking forward to going every week and having a lot of fun and being disappointed that it was just for the one year.
T
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Return to Parenting