KIV Community

Wild Play Victoria

Friendly discussion on all issues related to parenting. Stories, experiences, alternatives, tips and support. This is a place to share ideas with other parents on the tough job of raising kids.

Moderators: Keeper, Sue, Glowingtouch, kattnipp

Wild Play Victoria

Postby jwilson on Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:23 am

hi
Is the kids course at Wild Play challenging and fun enough for a 7, 11 and 12 year old? We have never been. The classic course is so much more expensive ($34.99 rather than $19.99) so I don't know if we can do it and I'd have to pay for myself too instead of just the kids.
thanks!
jwilson
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Re: Wild Play Victoria

Postby Aladora on Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:33 am

My 10 year old loves it! Not sure if the older kids would find it very challenging but I doubt the 7 year old is tall enough for the classic course even if you wanted to take them on that one.
Susan
When life hands you lemons, ask for the tequila and salt!
Aladora
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Region:

Postby jwilson on Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:01 am

ok good to know! Thanks!
jwilson
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Postby greengirl on Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:08 am

I think it depends on the child. My 10 year old went on the kids course and found it boring and easy. One of the staff members challenged him to do the course with his eyes closed and then backwards. He went on to do the bigger course, wanted to do it again when done and also wanted to do the most difficult level but wasn't allowed. He is very adventurous though. It all depends on the childs comfort level.
greengirl
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Postby TazDevil on Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:17 pm

Costco used to have discount tickets you could buy like $80 for $100 worth. The kids course is a great starter. They changed it from last year making it "safer" though. My DD is 12 and has done it 2x and she is ready for the classic. My 9 year is not tall enough for the classic yet.
Be a yardstick of quality. Some people aren't used to an environment where excellence is expected.

Steve Jobs
TazDevil
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Postby newmom2006 on Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:40 am

Costco still sells the passes as we bought one to use over the summer. My DS who's 7 and is small for his age, did the kids course with little problems. He's just tall enough to loop the carabeeners (sp?) through each loop but once he got the hang of it, he was fine.

My DD who's 9 and a bit taller, found the course fun but I don't think as challenging as she had hoped, but isn't tall enough to do the classic yet.

They had a great time! We took my niece who's 11 on the kids' one and we should've signed her up for the classic - she was way too tall for the kids.
newmom2006
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Region:

Postby Benjorsam on Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:51 am

One thing you need to be aware of is that your kids all have to do the same course or you have to bring another adult to supervise. I took my kids last year when they were 15, 13 and 8 and they would not let the 15 and 13 year old do the course without an adult supervisor. As i had my youngest who was too small to do the bigger courses, I had to stay with him and my sister supervised the older ones. You don't have to do the course but you have to walk along the trail and watch out for them.

Benjorsam
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Region:

Postby jwilson on Sun Oct 11, 2015 12:52 pm

thanks for all the input! We did go a few weeks ago and they all did the kids course. They definitely all had fun just because it was such a different experience. Next time, the older two would prefer the adult course but I'd say my 7 year old wouldn't quite be ready for the fear aspect of a course that was even higher up. Definitely fun though and highly recommend it!
jwilson
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Return to Parenting