KIV Community

what food

Friendly discussion on all issues related to parenting. Stories, experiences, alternatives, tips and support. This is a place to share ideas with other parents on the tough job of raising kids.

Moderators: Keeper, Sue, Glowingtouch, kattnipp

what food

Postby Christopherl on Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:33 pm

Hi everyone,
What food would be good for my 7months old little son? Please share it, If you can share the articles or recipes which can corelate my query.
Christopherl
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Re: what food??

Postby Christopherl on Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:34 pm

Christopherl wrote:Hi everyone,
What food would be good for my 7months old little son? Please share it, If you can share the articles or recipes which can corelate my query.
Christopherl
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Re: what food

Postby rlarson on Mon Jul 11, 2016 1:32 am

Somewhere between seven months and nine months, your baby will start to develop the skills she needs to eat finger foods. She'll probably start trying to pick up objects with her thumb and forefinger. This is called the pincer grasp.
Offer her mashed foods and softish finger foods, as well as purees. Finger foods can be sticks of well-cooked carrot, chunks of banana, or unsalted breadsticks and mini rice cakes. These will help your baby get used to feeding herself.

Other ideas for finger foods include cheese, toast, and peeled chunks of apple. It's best not to give your baby sweet biscuits and rusks. They don't offer many nutrients, and your baby may start to expect sweet snacks out of habit.

Your baby may now enjoy foods that are more filling and have stronger flavours. You can introduce her to:

dark-green, leafy vegetables, such as spinach
    soft, cooked meat, fish, and poultry
    hard-boiled or well-cooked eggs
    lentils and other cooked pulses
    different types of breads
    chunks of ripe avocado
    cooked pasta shapes
    unsalted nut butters
rlarson
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Region:

Re: what food

Postby Christopherl on Mon Aug 08, 2016 10:12 pm

Hi
Thanks for sharing these tips. I will try this out, but unsalted bread sticks are made up of wheat floor. Though I have searched many alternate for this but could not find so. Also, I have seen many articles on http://www.babynology.com/parenting-advice/ on which give you a nice ideas regarding baby's food.
Christopherl
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Return to Parenting