KIV Community

Photo of the Month, Hosting move, etc!!

Stay informed on what's going on with the site. Changes to the site, new features, removed features, the launch of the new Classifieds software and more. I'll keep you all informed through this forum.

Photo of the Month, Hosting move, etc!!

Postby KIV admin on Wed Jun 14, 2006 10:34 am

Hi everyone,

Here's an update on all the latest activity with KIV, and there has been a fair bit - I'm sure at least a few of you have noticed.

Photo of the Month
There have been a few posts regarding the POM in different fora on the site.

Here's the scoop... unfortunately, the POM has been temporarily removed from the site.

Reason is, the software we are using is no longer efficient with the number of photos we've received over the last couple years. It was causing a load on the server, and needs to be "tweaked" before we re-launch the Contest.

We will re-launch the contest at some point, so I appreciate your patience, and keep checking for it!

Hosting Move
A few weeks ago we all experienced a severe 'slowing' of KIV.

It took a while to figure out exactly what the issue was, but in the end, it turned out to be a problem with our server.

KIV has since switched hosting companies and everything seems to be runnning smoothly again. Let's hear it for !!

Site Errors
Some of you may have received errors over the last few days when trying to use the KIV Community Board.

With the hosting company switch, there were a few 'configuration idiosyncracies' that needed to be sorted out. They were anticipated, and at the time unavoidable.

Again, all has been sorted out and is working properly.

Thanks to the Community
Overall, everything looks like it's back on track!

I want to apologize to everyone for the inconvenience our previous issues may have caused, and thank you for your patience and understanding.

As usual, many of you informed me of issues and errors as you experienced them - thanks for that as well.

We're ready to move ahead now, and I just want to extend my thanks to all of you.

KIV'rs rock!
Last edited by KIV admin on Fri Sep 01, 2006 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KIV admin
KIV Advertiser
KIV Advertiser
KIV Staff
KIV Staff

Postby alexandrasmom on Fri Jul 07, 2006 9:08 pm

:D
alexandrasmom
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Return to News & Updates