KIV Community

Audible - looking for a new book / series to listen to

You guessed it, this is a forum all about books. What you're reading now, which ones you like, which ones you don't, and anything else to do with books.

Moderators: Sue, Glowingtouch, kattnipp

Audible - looking for a new book / series to listen to

Postby veganite on Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:22 pm

I just finished the "Fifty Shades" series, and liked it. I also really liked Twilight. That is about all I've read in the last bit that is not work related... I'm not that familiar with book so I would like some suggestions. I drive a lot, and really like that I can be read to while driving, cleaning or running that can distract me from my stressful job. I like steamy and fun and light and funny intriguing.

Please suggest some great books!
veganite
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Re: Audible - looking for a new book / series to listen to

Postby elliemay on Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:11 pm

I really liked the Diana Gabaldon series on audio books(last few had a different narrator that I didn't like quite as much). Also loved A Discovery of Witches, I am waiting for the final one to come out in audiobook. Sookie Stackhouse series is also good. Some books I have purchased but I also use the library site, through Overdrive and Hoopla through the library. I really like Hoopla but you have to use data or Wifi with it, whereas Overdrive downloads to your device. Not really a series but James Patterson books are on the library site and are well narrated. Also Fall of Giants trilogy is good, Ken Follett.

I hope you post if you find a good series, I am always looking for something new.
elliemay
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Return to Books, books, books