KIV Community

RAVE - for our new Dentist!!

Get it off you're chest, good or bad - here's your chance to rant and rave about what's on your mind.

PS - You still need to be nice to one another!

Moderators: Brenda N, Keeper, Glowingtouch, kattnipp

RAVE - for our new Dentist!!

Postby Ivy-Girl on Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:49 pm

We recently began going to new dentist. His name is Dr. Joshua Chenowith and he's downtown inthe CIBC building.

I'm a major baby when it comes to dental work so I went to this fellow on recommendation from a co-worker and he's amazing. I was so stressed and he was so understanding. I hadn't been to a dentist in about 6 years due to my "issues" and he didn't make me feel badly or anything.

He's young - early 30's so very up to date. He's moved here from Alberta where he practiced for a couple years and told me he saw a lot of kids as he was the JR guy in the practice so they seemed to be sent to him...so I made an appt for my boys - oldest DS had no cavities and younger DS had two small ones way at the back. DS had them filled yesterday and I was in with him for the work and the dentist talked him all the way through it, said if he only wanted one done that was OK, told him to raise his hand if he felt anything he wasn't comfortable with and he'd stop right away, he was so respectful and understanding and talked to my son and not just to me. He explained everything he was doing to my son in terms he would understand/relate to...it was great to see (unlike my experiences as a child!!).

I can't rave about him enough! I'd recommend him in a heart beat. My son had a great first experience (if that's possible) getting his teeth worked on.

And, to top it off, the dentist called here tonight to see how DS was doing after his visit. :eek: I've never had a dentist call after a visit to check on things. My son was quite tickled that the dentist called here about him!

So thrilled to have found Dr Chenowith for our family!!!
:D :D :D
Image Image
Quincy 1998 ~ 2010 | TUCKER - Aug.8/94~Mar. 5/07 |
~*~* IVY-GIRL~ Sept 9, 1994 ~ June 25, 2011 *~*~
\:D/ We're LIVING in the good old days!! \:D/
Ivy-Girl
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Region:

Re: RAVE - for our new Dentist!!

Postby beany on Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:50 pm

How nice for you. Thanks for sharing your rave.
beany
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Region:

Postby newmom2006 on Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:27 pm

That's my dentist too! We were seeing Dr. Girard before but he has since retired from his practice due to his health.

DS and I saw Dr. Chenowith when we were there for our 6 month cleaning. So far so good. Haven't had any work done by him - cleaning was with his hygenist but we did get to meet him and he seemed really nice. DH and DD will see him in a few weeks for their cleaning and DD has a few minor cavities that needs addressing. :oops:
newmom2006
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Region:

Postby ttbrown80 on Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:04 am

If you have medical coverage do they accept it or give you a reciept for mail in ? I am looking for a new dentist for me and my daughter as I have coverage but our current dentist changed policy and no longer does billing for medical coverage on site on ly gives a receipt for submission and I cannot afford to pay up front and be reimbursed
ttbrown80
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Region:

Postby newmom2006 on Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:21 am

Yes they do the medical billing right away - they submit it on your behalf so there's no payment from you up front. We have extended dental coverage from work too and the only time we've had to pay out of pocket was for bridge work done on me, but it wasn't much. Otherwise regular cleanings, fillings, etc are covered, which is nice.
newmom2006
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Region:

Postby ttbrown80 on Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:56 am

Great thank you for the info and post I will be visiting him shortly with my daughter :)
ttbrown80
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Region:

Postby Ivy-Girl on Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:03 am

ttbrown80 wrote:Great thank you for the info and post I will be visiting him shortly with my daughter :)

Nice!!! :D
Image Image
Ivy-Girl
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Region:

Postby ttbrown80 on Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:14 pm

I booked my 1st appointment for next week - so nervous but excited at the same time
ttbrown80
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Region:

Postby Ivy-Girl on Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:27 pm

ttbrown80 wrote:I booked my 1st appointment for next week - so nervous but excited at the same time

I was too...but you'll see how easy it will be! :D
Image Image
Ivy-Girl
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Region:

Return to Rants & Raves