Page 3 of 3

Re: Lindsay Buziak

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:19 am
by martini
my2sons wrote:
Saanich police have had the composite sketch and descriptions for months but are just releasing it now because of the “resurgence of interest in the case,” said Price.


I don't understand this point. WHY would they not have released it earlier to create a resurgence of interest?!

Releasing the drawings now, does actually maximize the exposure of them. The timing of the release coincides with the anniversary of her murder.
Release info right when the media is all over the case. Make sense?

Re: Lindsay Buziak

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:33 am
by ander
martini wrote:Releasing the drawings now, does actually maximize the exposure of them. The timing of the release coincides with the anniversary of her murder.
Release info right when the media is all over the case. Make sense?


Yes and no. I thought the same thing as my2sons when I read that. If it was my murdered child in question, I'd have wanted that info and those images out there aeons ago. It seems whenever anything about this case comes up people are all over it so I can't see that waiting for the anniversary has 'maximized' anything other than the perpetrators maximizing their distance from the case. I know little of police protocol and know that everything (timing, etc.) is well-thought-out but that bit of info didn't sit right with me.

Re: Lindsay Buziak

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:16 am
by my2sons
I think exactly what ander said.

Having absolutely NO knowledge of how policing works I tend to wonder if it's been 'forgotten' about (not forgotten but I'm at a loss for a better word). Of course, the hope is they are following leads and making great progress in their silence.

I wonder if there would be more confidence in the system if there were more regular updates on such situations? Not updates containing information but just "we continue to work on _______ case". Maybe there is a tonne of confidence-- this stuff is simply not on my radar except as the armchair police sergeant I am. 8)

Re: Lindsay Buziak

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:12 am
by tiptoetulip
my2sons wrote:Having absolutely NO knowledge of how policing works I tend to wonder if it's been 'forgotten' about (not forgotten but I'm at a loss for a better word). Of course, the hope is they are following leads and making great progress in their silence.


I'll just chime in to say this case was not/has not been forgotten, made a lesser priority, etc. with the police. You'll just have to take my word on it.

Re: Lindsay Buziak

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:14 am
by Mommax4
I didnt see this thread when I posted another thread...

http://www.timescolonist.com/news/Suspe ... story.html

Re: Lindsay Buziak

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:16 pm
by my2sons
mar wrote:
my2sons wrote:Having absolutely NO knowledge of how policing works I tend to wonder if it's been 'forgotten' about (not forgotten but I'm at a loss for a better word). Of course, the hope is they are following leads and making great progress in their silence.


I'll just chime in to say this case was not/has not been forgotten, made a lesser priority, etc. with the police. You'll just have to take my word on it.


Awesome! SO glad to hear it! :-D

Re: Lindsay Buziak

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:45 pm
by mommyranga
Lara2kidlets wrote:I was wondering the same thing. I saw a small news article in the newspaper talking about a previously unsolved homicide and I immediately thought it was Lindsay but it wasn't.

I wish there was a website that dealt with what happens "after" the news story is over. I am wondering how that little boy is doing who was run over by that 18 wheeler truck awhile ago.


that little guy, is he the one from burnside school, about 3 yrs back. . my daughter was in his class, his name was brandon, and he came to the yr end assembly, in his wheelchair with paramedics, everyone cried, and the natives did a ceremonial tribal dance for him, was awesome..he had to go though as the pain was getting tough, back to the hospital, that was the last i heard or saw of him. I was told he would never walk again.

Re: Lindsay Buziak

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:54 pm
by martini
mommyranga wrote:
Lara2kidlets wrote:I was wondering the same thing. I saw a small news article in the newspaper talking about a previously unsolved homicide and I immediately thought it was Lindsay but it wasn't.

I wish there was a website that dealt with what happens "after" the news story is over. I am wondering how that little boy is doing who was run over by that 18 wheeler truck awhile ago.


that little guy, is he the one from burnside school, about 3 yrs back. . my daughter was in his class, his name was brandon, and he came to the yr end assembly, in his wheelchair with paramedics, everyone cried, and the natives did a ceremonial tribal dance for him, was awesome..he had to go though as the pain was getting tough, back to the hospital, that was the last i heard or saw of him. I was told he would never walk again.

Small world. That's the year Burnside closed.
I haven't heard any updates since last year, but by that time I'd heard he was doing amazingly well considering the injuries. I doubt 100%, but an extremely lucky boy!