KIV Community

Simply Fun Daycare/preschool

Welcome to Café Island Parent, a place to meet with other parents and post comments on any topic you wish. Discuss movies you've seen, places you've been, or even your best method of taking time from the kids.

Note: Unless you are paid advertiser, business advertising is not permitted in this forum. For business advertising click

Moderators: Brenda N, Sue, Glowingtouch, kattnipp

Re: Simply Fun Daycare/preschool

Postby Sonia22 on Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:17 pm

Thanks for all the replies :) It's been two years since I asked and my boy is now going to start kindergarten come Sept :)
I had a friend who put her son there and she had been happy with what they were doing so I'm sure they have changed for the better. Maybe for boy no.3 later on if we are still in victoria.
Sonia22
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Region:

Postby jesstra on Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:10 am

Hello everyone!

I know this Simply Fun post is quite old now, but we are looking at this preschool for our 4 year old starting this Spring (2015). Has the place improved? Can anyone give me some recent feedback? Very much appreciated!

Jessica
jesstra
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Postby Justkeepswimming on Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:46 am

St Joseph's School has a great pre-school and an all day option too, always worth looking into. :D
Justkeepswimming
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Postby sooke on Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:47 am

Sorry to say that the place hasn't improved. I feel for the teachers, some of whom are very dedicated but at 9.5 hours WITHOUT any break and eight kids, you can see what's going on. There is a lot of focus on the legal - a very looong contract uttlery unfavourably to the parents. You get a lot of hearts and rainbows in messages by their boss and you're told what you want to hear, but this is, I'm sorry to say, all empty words. This is primarily a money-making business - for the boss. Too bad for the good care providers who are put in an impossible situation by their boss. Stay away.
sooke
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Previous

Return to Café Island Parent