KIV Community

selling our house in sooke - stage?

Welcome to Café Island Parent, a place to meet with other parents and post comments on any topic you wish. Discuss movies you've seen, places you've been, or even your best method of taking time from the kids.

Note: Unless you are paid advertiser, business advertising is not permitted in this forum. For business advertising click

Moderators: Brenda N, Sue, Glowingtouch, kattnipp

selling our house in sooke - stage?

Postby koleanddylansmom on Fri May 02, 2014 5:46 pm

we are moving to Alberta in July and have our house on the market for past week....had about 9 families come through and an open house tomorrow, but my question, we have a two bedroom suite in it as well that is empty, would you stage it? We are in a time crunch a bit to sell and are asking a pretty good price and it has the rental income....any other things you would suggest doing to increase traffic? its in a nice area near a beach, dead end road, we have done the curb appeal (lots of plants, etc.... realtor is great, getting the word out there, I justwant to make it extra appealing :) WE have done a lot of renos this past couple months but feel like I could do more !!MLS® 336221 take a look, don't hold back the comments thanks :) I won't be offended...
koleanddylansmom
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Region:

Re: selling our house in sooke - stage?

Postby brymommy on Fri May 02, 2014 6:38 pm

Staging can be good but with the way the Sooke market is right now (slooooow, we own a house there still and we just looked at putting it back on the sale market but decided to keep it a rental) I honestly wouldn't bother for a suite.

I will cross my fingers that you sell quickly :) there are some very nice features to your house :)

Really time just going to be time. We moved away and ended up renting our house because of time/money. There were houses still on the market a year after we moved that were on the market the same time as us.

The amount of people through is a good sign though :)

Enjoy your move to AB!
brymommy
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Region:

Re: selling our house in sooke - stage?

Postby quest on Fri May 02, 2014 9:25 pm

I saw a new Victoria company on Go Island last week that rents this cool cardboard furniture that looks like the real thing .
From what the owner said it's way cheaper than renting regulars staging furniture and they set it up and take it away .
Might be something to look into if you do decide to stage .
quest
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Return to Café Island Parent