KIV Community

HELP! Lice!

Welcome to Café Island Parent, a place to meet with other parents and post comments on any topic you wish. Discuss movies you've seen, places you've been, or even your best method of taking time from the kids.

Note: Unless you are paid advertiser, business advertising is not permitted in this forum. For business advertising click

Moderators: Brenda N, Sue, Glowingtouch, kattnipp

HELP! Lice!

Postby Annikki on Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:08 am

I need to know what the BEST comb is and where to find it.

The current comb isn't catching all the nits and I am struggling to get them out of her very fine hair.

TIA

Annikki
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Region:

Re: HELP! Lice!

Postby Kahala on Tue Oct 25, 2016 6:47 pm

London Drugs had a metal nit comb on the counter at the pharmacy. It's fine toothed. I rinsed comb each time through the hair to be sure they left the head. Lice don't seem to die with standard treatment lately.
Kahala
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Postby Keely on Wed Oct 26, 2016 5:31 pm

Use a cheap white conditioner and slather it all over your dd's hair, then put in sections and pull comb through, every time you do wipe on a white towel. That way you can see how many nits and louse you are getting. Not fun, have been there and don't envy you at all! Use a LiceMeister comb, it is the best!
Keely
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Region:

Postby Annikki on Sat Oct 29, 2016 6:16 pm

Thanks.

A friend suggested Vaseline because it causes the nits to swell. Totally worked and it much easier to get them......but it a pain to get out of the hair...we have been using blue dawn.

Holy man hours! 4 checks through a day for about 2 hours spend nit picking...we seem to be clear but I am still checking twice daily.

Annikki
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Region:

Return to Café Island Parent