KIV Community

Public movie screening of film "Class Dismissed"

Friendly discussion on all issues related to parenting. Stories, experiences, alternatives, tips and support. This is a place to share ideas with other parents on the tough job of raising kids.

Moderators: Keeper, Sue, Glowingtouch, kattnipp

Public movie screening of film "Class Dismissed"

Postby WCM on Sat Aug 15, 2015 1:21 pm

Hello KIVers,

The Victoria Home Learners' Network Association is proud to present Class Dismissed - a film about learning outside the classroom.

This documentary focuses on alternative education and on one family's transition into home learning. The film explores what it is like to be a student in the 21st century, how it is possible to get an education outside the classroom, and how this can foster a rich educational experience in the next generation of learners.

Class Dismissed will show at Cinecenta, in the Student Union Bldg at UVic, on Tues Sept 8, 2015 at 7:00pm. A facilitated, open discussion will follow from 8:30pm to 9:15pm. Tickets prices are $7.50 for the general public or $5.75 for VHLN members. Reserve your tickets in advance starting next week by purchasing through the VHLN. Payment can be made via paypal.

This recently released film is receiving a lot of enthusiastic response from audiences and may be a good way to introduce the idea of home learning to skeptical family members or inspire families who may be investigating alternatives to take the leap. Please spread the word and encourage your friends and family to come see the movie.

www.vhln.org/class-dismissed.html

Thanks,

WCM
For a minute there, I was myself.
WCM
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Region:

Re: Public movie screening of film "Class Dismissed"

Postby WCM on Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:47 pm

This screening is tomorrow night at UVic. Come check it out.

WCM
For a minute there, I was myself.
WCM
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Region:

Re: Public movie screening of film "Class Dismissed"

Postby Samandemma on Tue Sep 08, 2015 5:23 am

Thanks so much for posting. Each year I've wanted to attend, but the first week of Sept. is so busy. My only wish is that the movie could be a bit later in Sept. as I think it may have more viewings as the start up of many things this week if one is not (yet) homeschooling.
Samandemma
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Region:

Return to Parenting