KIV Community

Kids first haircut

Welcome to Café Island Parent, a place to meet with other parents and post comments on any topic you wish. Discuss movies you've seen, places you've been, or even your best method of taking time from the kids.

Note: Unless you are paid advertiser, business advertising is not permitted in this forum. For business advertising click

Moderators: Brenda N, Sue, Glowingtouch, kattnipp

Kids first haircut

Postby xandersmomma on Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:24 am

Is there any childrens Salons in victoria? My son is near due for his first haircut but I dont know where to take him. I want someone who is experinced with children. When I lived in Calgary, my niece went to a place that specialized in kids hair and they got to sit in cars and on elephants, ect while getting hair cuts. Is there anything like that here? If not, any recommendations for a regular salon that is decent with kids?
xandersmomma
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Region:

Postby snaphappy on Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:57 am

there used to be a place in Langford, but I don't live out there any more, so I am not sure if it is still there.

I need to get dd her first hair cut. My friend offered to do it but I am worried that dd won't sit still for her :?
snaphappy

Postby gizmo505 on Wed Nov 28, 2007 8:13 pm

Magic Cuts at Zellers on Tillicum does children hair cuts. That is where I took my son. He got to sit on my lap as he wouldn't be still otherwise. It costs about 11$ and they give you a FIRTS HAIR CUT cetificate to which they attach some of the cut hair.

They did a good job on my son.

Have a great day.
gizmo505
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Region:

Postby wonderwoman on Wed Nov 28, 2007 8:23 pm

First Choice hair cutters does the first cut for free plus they give you a first haircut certificate with a lock of hair on it.
wonderwoman
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Region:

Postby qutiepie on Wed Nov 28, 2007 8:31 pm

I took the boys to Frist Choice for their first one and it was free and they got the certificate with a lock of their hair attached to it. We went to the one at Colwood Corners and they were good with the boys.
qutiepie
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Region:

Postby Rae on Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:04 pm

My dh can do it! Just kidding - LOL - yesterday he decided that our 20 month ds needed his first hair cut - his first mistake was not checking with me first - I was at work while he decided this - his second mistake was deciding to do this him self - after all he cuts his own hair and our dd - so he gets out his clippers (you know the electric razor type thing) - and trys to trim ds hair - oops - then he slips - then he decides that since there is a chunk missing he may as well shave his head!!!!! I came home to a baby with stubble instead of soft baby hair!
Sorry to highjack your post but I had to share this story. I hope you find a great professional to do your ds.
Rae
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Region:

Postby xandersmomma on Thu Nov 29, 2007 6:21 pm

Rae wrote:My dh can do it! Just kidding - LOL - yesterday he decided that our 20 month ds needed his first hair cut - his first mistake was not checking with me first - I was at work while he decided this - his second mistake was deciding to do this him self - after all he cuts his own hair and our dd - so he gets out his clippers (you know the electric razor type thing) - and trys to trim ds hair - oops - then he slips - then he decides that since there is a chunk missing he may as well shave his head!!!!! I came home to a baby with stubble instead of soft baby hair!
Sorry to highjack your post but I had to share this story. I hope you find a great professional to do your ds.

oh no! Oh I would be so mad at him and sad about my babies hair!! I am suprised baby sat still with a razor buzzing around his head. Mine would be grabbing at it and the cord. lol!
Thanks everyone, I like the idea of a first hair cut certificate! I think this weekend I am going to take him in.
xandersmomma
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Region:

Postby Kris on Thu Nov 29, 2007 9:36 pm

hehe do you think he is going to sit still to have his hair cut??? :lol:

we took K to the one in zellers and they didnt do a very good job and he sat perfectly still but I dont think the lady understood what I wanted... but we did get the little certifiacte which is cool fro his baby book.... I would go to 1st choice thow if it is free for the first one you should do that!! GOOD LUCK !!! (you'll need it :D )
Find that perfect party
theme for your little one at
http://www.perfectpartybycody.com/victoriabc/
Kris
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Region:

Postby Rae on Thu Nov 29, 2007 9:36 pm

Yeah - the the idea of a first hair cut certificate and the free hair cut is pretty cool. when I told my dh about that he was even more sorry. Please let us know where you go and how it went.
Rae
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Region:

Re: Kids first haircut

Postby Drienswelf on Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:10 am

As a mother of two, I get thoroughly get it — who has room schedule-wise to spend a hour preparing? Hell, I can't pee independent from anyone else any longer, not to mention prepare for a hour before the mirror. In the course of the most recent four years I've adapted a few traps to accelerate my routine — survival mode-style. When you have children you'll comprehend the wildness that is the mornings. In any case, hello, regardless of whether you don't have children, these styles and tips are still absolutely significant.
You can get more updates from this site
Mr Kids Haircuts
Drienswelf
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Region:

Return to Café Island Parent