KIV Community

June/July 2010 Due Date Club!

The place to ask all the questions, share your experiences, offer advice and chat with other parents about this awesome and bewildering experience.

Moderators: Glowingtouch, kattnipp

Re: June/July 2010 Due Date Club!

Postby miraclebaby on Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:10 am

Hey etc., my daughter turns 3 on the 11th of July! Our kids will be close to the same age. :)

No news from me, either... :( I go to the dr. this aft.

miraclebaby
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Postby shandi983 on Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:18 am

Last edited by shandi983 on Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

shandi983
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Postby Beccak on Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:29 am

So I had a dr appt on Wednesday and it turns out my dr is still using my original due date of July 2nd. So that means today is my official due date!!!! I have been getting TONS of BH today that are fairly uncomfortable. I think that we are going to try going for another walk today.

I am totally ready for the baby! Room is done (and looks AWESOME!), clothes are washed and ready to be used, hospital bag is packed and I am just ready to meet the little man. I am so excited and can't wait til he comes!! I am feeling anxious/excited about the fact that he could come at any time. :eek:

My MIL arrived on Wednesday night from Ontario. I absolutely adore her and am so excited that she is here. I am going to be sad when she leaves on the 12th.
Beccak
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Region:

Postby edall on Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:48 pm

Just had another non-stress test and ultrasound today. Baby is looking pretty comfy in there.... My blood pressure is still high and I am 1 cm dilated. Have any of you been having near-constant menstrual-like cramps and backache? I have been having these cramps and BH that have been fairly regular off and on for about 1 week. I can definitely say that I am keen to get this baby out! I am sure that we all feel that way at some time or another!!! But as my husband so eloquently put it: "He is A LOT quieter in there and I am getting A LOT more sleep than I will be!" Very true....

edall
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Postby miraclebaby on Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:17 am

Hahaha... and we all know that it's daddy's sleep that is soooo important. :)) Sounds like you won't make it to your due date, Edall!

Dr. says he doesn't want to see me go anything more than 1-2 days over due date. Baby has dropped a lot more now, but still no contractions... however, last time, I did like Edall - contractions for four days straight, constantly getting worse, etc. Dr. had a special word for it... can't remember, but it started with a "p". I'm hoping it doesn't end up that way this time... will create havoc for me for sure (with the diabetes & all). Blood pressure has crawled up to normal, but not high. Yesterday, it seriously crashed, I found out later from the dr. He says if it happens again, I should check blood sugar & head up to hospital to get checked over (after laying down for awhile). I had no idea what was happening, but that was it!

Daughter had a night terror last night, woke me up in a panic because I was sure I heard her, but then I didn't hear her crying... so I went pee, because I really had to go, and I hear her running through the house screaming for me. I couldn't get that pee out fast enough! Then I couldn't sleep most of the rest of the night. What a wreck!

I'm getting the swing, bouncy chair, car seat, etc., all scrubbed & clean today. Room is still a work in progress... where you realize that you really need to purge some stuff & don't quite have the time to get it done just now. I know this is probably the last "good" weekend that I'll have for awhile... I remember soaking my swollen feet (35+ temps everyday) in the Elbow River & it was glorious to get away and have a break. No break today... I woke up a tiny bit late, which makes it impossible for us to get out to do much & so much to do here... Hubby needed a break & took off for a run. Just too much.

I'm having such a sad time because I don't know what I can end up doing for my daughter's birthday, or if I'll even be here... I mean, she came on her due date, and maybe this one will as well...then I don't know if either of us will be home for her birthday (baby is due the 10th, daughter's bd is the 11th). I would love baby to have the 10th as a birthday, as daughter's birthday is 07-11-07, and if it worked out, this baby would have 10-07-10 (different order of numbers) for it's birthday... that would be neat. It's such a shame that the babe can't tell you when it's planning on coming!!! :)

Hope you're all hanging in there... hope we can hear about some more new babies arriving soon! Lots of due dates passed & no word... lots of due dates coming up right quick! :)

miraclebaby
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Postby VicStepmom on Sat Jul 03, 2010 6:30 pm

Miraclebaby - sounds like you might be starting your stay at the chateau VGH the same time I should be ending mine, assuming all goes well (at the latest)...I'll have to keep my eyes open for you! I think the p your referring to is prodromal labour.

I officially begin maternity leave on Monday - wow! It's also strange to think that I've only got 5 days to finish up everything that needs to be done on my pre-baby arrival list, or else it will wind up on the post-baby arrival to-do list. Most things are in order (but that's in large part because we are purposefully holding off on the 'baby's room' until after the baby arrives).

The facebook group is currently 'private, invite only' and can be a bit challenging to find...if you Private Message me I can give you details of the person on facebook to message to join.
VicStepmom
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Postby VicStepmom on Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:31 pm

Becca- I hope all is going well as it sounds you are now into the post 40-week ball park...

This last weekend was good, we had the stepkids - our last weekend with the kids before the new baby arrives. We enjoyed fireworks out on a friends boat. I am still doing well although baby is making me quite happy that the countdown to eviction is now on! Yesterday I had a bit of a dash with getting back on the ferry and as a result wound up with some rather uncomfortable pelvic pain when I would walk (apparently the kid doesn't know that engaging her head into my pelvis, really isn't a neccessary prerequisite for her birth and that she can just chill until Friday when she will be calmly removed from the womb, cleaned up and put into her parents loving care). Then she decided to remind me about some of the less than pleasant gastro symptoms she can cause - things which she had been really good about for the last few weeks! A nausea and heartburn double header... again she really didn't have to provide me with any more reasons to be happy that womb eviction day is on the horizon.

Hope everyone is doing well - we will have to plan a post-birth baby get together for sometime in August!
VicStepmom
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Postby Beccak on Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:59 pm

I am not 3 days overdue and getting tired of being pregnant. I still feel good, but have been getting LOTS of cramping. I am hoping that something is going to happen soon!!

That's it for now....
Beccak
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Region:

Postby Rainydays on Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:46 am

Today is my due date and I'm still pregnant. Lots of activity going on with contractions, cramping, etc., but no sign of baby yet. I have an appointment today, so hopefully I'll find out if I'm progressing. A stretch and sweep has been offered but I'm not keen just yet since I was beaten up by the baby for 3.5 hours last night and I just don't think my cervix can take any more bruising.
Rainydays
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Postby Beccak on Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:42 pm

Well 4 days overdue now. I had a dr appt this morning and I am 1cm dilated. Not very much, but its something.

Good luck Miss Rielly!
Beccak
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Region:

Postby MizJennaKH on Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:37 pm

Becca I was just wondering about this!~!

When you've settled after baby can we PLLLLLLEASE come see you guys? xoxox Best of luck.

Love J
MizJennaKH
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Region:

Postby Spiralkitty on Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:14 pm

Well I finally have a chance to check in and post an update!
My due date came and went with no baby..four days later I had my scheduled appointment with my midwife. She checked me and although my cervix was soft, there was little else happening. We made a follow up appointment for the next week and I went about my business. Later that day I lost my mucus plug. I got very excited, hoping things were going to start progressing, but nothing happened until the following afternoon. I started getting some very good contractions. They didn't seem to keep a pattern though they did get stronger in sensation. I was up most of the night, and called my backup midwife the following morning (my midwife was off for the weekend). She advised me to try and relax and get some rest, and she would check up on me by dinner time. Things stayed the same most of the day, lots of contractions, but not in a timeable manner. When my backup midwife called around dinner time, she advised me that if I would like, she would do a home visit the following morning and see how I was doing. She again advised me to try and rest as I was probably just in prelabour and had quite a ways to go. Well, that night the contractions were quite painful, and although they were happening every 10 minutes, they didn't progress past that in frequency. I couldn't sleep, so I read a book between contractions, and had a long, long night! The following moring I was exhausted, and hoping that my exam would show at least some progress. LOL, when I was checked my midwife was shocked to find me dilated to 9cm! My water broke during the exam, and she said that if I wanted to give birth at the hospital that we had to leave immediately. Well, I made it to the car, took one look at it and said no way! I knew we wouldn't make it. Back upstairs we went, and my midwife quickly gathered her bags to set things up for a home birth, while calling in a second midwife to assist. From there things were surprisingly peaceful! I no sooner got onto my bed when the urge to push began. After an hour of pushing, our beautiful baby girl was born, weighing in at 8lbs 7oz. Although our home birth was unplanned, I am so happy that things went the way they did, as it was an amazing experience!
I hope everyone is doing well, and that you are keeping cool in this heat!
Spiralkitty
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Postby VicStepmom on Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:27 am

MissReilly - good luck - hopefully things will happen for you soon.

Becca - I hope things have started to progress!

Spiralkitty - congratulations! What an incredible/amazing birth story!

As for me, we are now 2 days away from womb eviction day. Apparently, I'll get a phone call when I'm to go to the hospital on Friday, so I'm hoping that they call me on my cell so that I can still wander before hand. I got tons done yesterday in terms of projects that were waiting to be done. Today, I hope to get my e-announcement email lists ready so that we can notify family/friends/ coworkers/etc. fairly quickly after the birth. By the end of today, I should feel fairly 'ready' to go, so tomorrow I'll spend my day on myself.

Our last prenatal went well, I found the pound I lost the week before and she was doing well. I'm looking forward to meeting her!
VicStepmom
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Postby ect on Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:46 pm

Here is the update!

Momoftwinboys – Due July 1st – A Boy & Girl on May 13th
Zungo - Due May 28th - A Girl on May 28th
JulesG – Due June 2nd – A Boy on June 10th
23 Jules - Due June 23 - A Girl on June 16th
Spiralkitty - Due June 21st - A Girl on June 26th (I'm guessing???)
Libra - June 13th - ?
Krista P - June 26 -
Beccak - July 4th - Boy
MissReilly - July 6th – Girl
Gela 1511 – July 7th - ?
Miraclebaby - July 10th - ?
Edall - July 12th - Boy
Zmama - July 12th - ?
VicStepmom - July 13th - Girl
mominvic6 - July 19th - Girl
ect (Liz) - July 24th - Boy
CuteyPatooty - July 25th - Boy
Firsttimemom78 - July 28th - ?

Libra, Krista P, Beccak, Miss Reilly, Gela 1511 any updates?
ect
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Region:

Postby miraclebaby on Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:27 pm

Thanks so much, ect. for keeping us abreast of where we're at for completed pregnancies!

Miss Reilly... I sure am hoping that things are moving along for you... you sure had me worried the other day!

Hang in there, Becca! You're in the homestretch... once you start feeling that crummy, it's really only a matter of time! I know that isn't inspiring, but really, it's gotta get worse before that kid comes out. :) I keep on saying mine isn't coming soon because I don't feel crummy enough yet. HA!

That being said (I wrote that a couple of days ago), things have changed a bit for me. My doctor said he didn't want me going more than a day or two overdue without inducing because of the diabetes, ivf & age factors. Therefore, he set me up an appt. at the hospital this morning. What a morning it was! I was going to take my daughter with me, but decided it might take awhile... thank goodness I didn't take her! Four hours to get the stuff done. Ugh. I'm exhausted.

U/S & non-stress test, complete with consult with Dr. Cassiola. Cervix is still soft & squishy, 4 cm at this point, but baby is sitting quite high right now. Dr. did a stretch & sweep, and he said if nothing has happened by Monday, he is giving me cervadil to see if he can move things along. I understand this to be a very gentle induction technique, so I'm crossing my fingers baby decides to come early & I don't have to do it at all. If that doesn't work, they'll do another cervadil the following week.

I thought long & hard about the induction stuff, and how we'd discussed medical intervention & all that. I ended up deciding that I was okay with induction as long as it didn't cause me to get all mucked up & need a c-section, as it's just a way to progress & help things happen... geez, I did IVF to get here, and those drugs did the same thing, so I have to be a believer that way! I don't like drugs or medical intervention, but I know that I have the ability to stand my ground where I need to, and they know how I feel in general, so that's where I went.

I've missed my kid like crazy this morning... I only hope I don't get stuck in the hospital for long, as I can't ever bear being away from my girl. Now I'm way behind in computer stuff, and trying to catch up while giving her attention too...

The downfall of it all is that today is my anniversary, and as my husband had to go back to work again today, we were kind of forced to have a dinner out by my MIL last night... feels like I've hardly gotten to spend any time with her at all, and I know it'll get worse!

I guess that's my news... getting somewhere, I'm hoping. I was a little amazed that I felt nothing at all - no contractions in any way shape or form up till now, and due date is Saturday. LO has been doing major break dancing on it's head down there, and I guess they were trying to move things along for me. Had some spicy jumbalaya last night... trying some of the other ideas. Sure love to know when this baby will come. So hard to prepare yourself for it all & be ready to do this thing when you have no idea! :)

Great news is that I got my daughter's hair cut, my eyebrows are waxed, my baby room is pretty much totally arranged.... and.... big drum roll... I GOT MY STROLLER! It's even a new one. Phil & Ted's. No rain cover, no extras, will suffer with no tray, no car seat attachment, no pockets, or any of those wonderful things I enjoyed with my other stroller, but I'll be able to handle two kids & a dog for my walks, will be able to take it in the car when needed (and still fit the dog), and it's quite wonderful. Apple Green, which I love for visibility. AWESOME!

miraclebaby
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

PreviousNext

Return to Pregnancy and Birth