KIV Community

Simply Fun Daycare/preschool

Welcome to Café Island Parent, a place to meet with other parents and post comments on any topic you wish. Discuss movies you've seen, places you've been, or even your best method of taking time from the kids.

Note: Unless you are paid advertiser, business advertising is not permitted in this forum. For business advertising click

Moderators: Brenda N, Sue, Glowingtouch, kattnipp

Simply Fun Daycare/preschool

Postby Sonia22 on Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:22 pm

Anyone knows anything about their preschool program? If your kids are in there, are you happy with their program? Also I am curious as to how many times they have them in a week, what time to what time and how much are the fees. They have asked me to call and book a visit to answer my questions but I would like to know beforehand whether it's going to work with my other son's schedule before I even consider it. TIA :)
Sonia22
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Region:

Re: Simply Fun Daycare/preschool

Postby pixiedust900 on Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:36 am

I have nothing nice to say, so I'll zip it, however, I would like to rave about the preschool at pearkes if you are looking in that area! I do believe they have a daycare center next door to the preschool to, if you needed more care.
Image[/url]
pixiedust900
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Postby Sonia22 on Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:45 am

I was just considering it because my son's preschool teacher now is going there to teach instead. Do you mind pm-ing me and letting me know what experience you had with them? Maybe I will just go to the rec centre in esquimalt since it's nearer.
Sonia22
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Region:

Postby Victoriamommie on Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:19 am

Nothing good to say at all. I also second pearks arena pre school

Victoriamommie
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Postby Samandemma on Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:51 am

I cannot comment on this particular preschool because I don't know of it however, professionally speaking, I believe that they should be able to answer basic questions over the phone (such as fees, days of the week for the class, the times etc). It seems odd that they would not answer these basic questions on the phone.
Samandemma
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Region:

Postby Sonia22 on Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:53 am

I haven't called them yet, I sent them an email and she wants me to call and setup a tour to answer my questions. I just don't want to go in without knowing much about it.
Sonia22
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Region:

Postby Lakehill Preschool on Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:12 pm

I don't know anything about this place. But is it a Daycare or a Preschool? They aren't exactly the same thing.

If you're looking for a preschool, Lakehill preschool has spaces available and we have an open house coming up on the 24th.
Lakehill Preschool
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Postby Nickie on Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:18 pm

I had a big comment but deleted it as it's not to nice..
Nickie
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Region:

Postby Sonia22 on Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:24 pm

They have both daycare and preschool but i m only looking at the preschool part. My son is actually in a preschool right now but I have a couple of issues with the time and the group of his preschool right now so am looking at other options. I don't mind if you would like to pm me about the not so nice things. I would like to make an informed choice after all.
Sonia22
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Region:

Postby OtterBeFun on Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:33 pm

We have been super happy with Preschool at Perkes
OtterBeFun
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Region:

Postby Sonia22 on Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:00 pm

Yeah, I kinda got that although I am now pretty curious. lol I don't think I will look into going there anymore. I was thinking of it because the preschool teacher we liked is going there and she is a very dedicated teacher. She actually made a scrapbook for each of her students last year (DS1 was in her class then) for them to remember their preschool year. She didn't need to do that at all but she chose to. We love her.
Sonia22
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Region:

Postby newmomfernwood on Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:36 am

Just wondering if anyone has any recent experience with this daycare. Thinking of sending my child... But this post concerns me! Feel free to send private email thank you:)
newmomfernwood
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Postby Samandemma on Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:04 pm

As a mom and a preschool teacher I would recommend that you visit the preschool and observe for a morning. Also, do they have a dedicated preschool or is it a combination of preschool/daycare? They are quite different. Visiting in person will give you the opportunity to see first-hand the teacher(s) approach to guiding the children, the routine, the physical surroundings and will give you an idea of the activities that are offered. Of course, speaking with others who have had their child attend (or are currently attending) can also be very helpful.
Good luck with your decision.
Samandemma
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Region:

Postby Fuzzy Logic on Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:43 pm

They've been through a lot of changes recently, moving locations etc. That said, my DS has been going there for about 8 months and he LOVES it. I'm not sure which site you are looking at but we are out at the View Royal location and the caregivers are fantastic. We've been really happy there. Good luck with your decision :)
Smile and the world smiles with you...
Fuzzy Logic
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Postby JLW222 on Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:11 pm

My kids are starting at the new all ages simply fun daycare on finlayson tomorrow! As far as fresh information goes, I dont think they claim to be a preschool. What I understood is that its prep for preschool. Im very excited to hear there are actual teachers available there. Even my one year old will get to sit in! Fees are pretty high though. But I think ill find its worth it. She is a lovley lady. Great space, teachers and learning enviroment! But... I guess after tomorrow there are no spaces available after my two join! Goodluck!
JLW222
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Next

Return to Café Island Parent