KIV Community

Candy Store?

Welcome to Café Island Parent, a place to meet with other parents and post comments on any topic you wish. Discuss movies you've seen, places you've been, or even your best method of taking time from the kids.

Note: Unless you are paid advertiser, business advertising is not permitted in this forum. For business advertising click

Moderators: Brenda N, Sue, Glowingtouch, kattnipp

Candy Store?

Postby Three Little Birds on Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:54 pm

Has anyone been to the candy store on West Saanich road near Wilkinson? Sweetest Things? I love it there!
Are there any other Candy stores in town that you like going to?
I like finding "treasures" for my kids Easter basket, other than the mainstream ready made baskets sold in stores.
"Three little birds sittin by my doorstep. Singin sweet songs, of melodies pure and true, sayin this is my message to you... No worries about a thing! 'Cause, every little ting is gonna be alright"

Three Little Birds
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Region:

Re: Candy Store?

Postby mommytwothree on Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:37 pm

Sweet delights just moved from Hillside Mall to Oak Bay. I haven't been to the new location but look forward to it.
mommytwothree
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Postby 4MyLittleMonkey on Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:01 pm

I always enjoy popping into the Old English Sweet Shop when I'm in the area downtown. And I would also second Sweet Delights. Candy Cures at Uptown is really neat and fun, but definitely a different kind of "treasure", as most is bulk, but still some really fun candy in there! :D

P.S. I didn't know about Sweetest Things, so thanks for posting! ;-)
4MyLittleMonkey
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Region:

Postby Three Little Birds on Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:10 pm

Sweet delights is one I'll check out, thanks, candy cures isn't the right kind of treasure store :D
Sweetest Things is in the Emporium that has Georgies cafe, Urban Oasis and now a tea place too... I think they have only been open a few months.
"Three little birds sittin by my doorstep. Singin sweet songs, of melodies pure and true, sayin this is my message to you... No worries about a thing! 'Cause, every little ting is gonna be alright"

Three Little Birds
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Region:

Postby Shawna C. on Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:33 pm

I love going to the Udder Guys in Cowichan Bay in the summer. Not only do they have the best homemade icecream, they have a huge selection of retro candy..Tons that I remember from my childhood and then tons that I have never heard of. It's a really cool place.

http://www.udderguysicecream.com/find.htm
“The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before. The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new.”
Shawna C.
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Region:

Postby guest on Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:50 am

I LOVE the English sweet shop on Yates !!

(& candy cures is no longer in uptown, didn't think it would last) unless they've moved, :-k

Postby Three Little Birds on Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:33 am

Candy Cures is gone? I went to the cupcake store last week and they were still there, and I made a comment out loud to a friend "they never have the 'thing' I want"
I LOVE the English shop on Yates, but really try to avoid going downtown because of no parking/pay parking etc.
I will for sure check out Udder guys, Ive heard good things from other friends about it. Sounds like a trip to the Rock cod cafe and then a candy store for a special day trip. lol and then maybe a hike up Mt Tzouhalem with the kids leading the way.
Sweetest Things is run by a mom with a little boy the same age as my daughter, and she was really good about ordering in a special candy from my childhood. Something a relative had brought me from England "Sherbet fountain". She has also started carrying toys so it can be a one stop party gift shop.
I just like to hunt down fun special thing to give as gifts, or add to an Egg hunt.
Its not local but... Coombs Market has to be my favorite place to hunt for treasures.

Three Little Birds
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Region:

Postby Siobhanta on Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:36 pm

We've been to Sweetest Things a few times, and really like it, the lady who runs it was super helpful and very friendly. It's about time to go back! ;)
Siobhanta
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Region:

Postby guest on Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:30 am

I definitely lookEd in the wrong window! Candy cures is still there! Sorry!

Postby 4MyLittleMonkey on Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:38 pm

Was just in Sidney today checking out the Lego exhibit at the Sidney Museum and happened across a cute candy store out there, very similar to Sweet Delights (and probably similar to Sweetest Things??) called Lolly Gobble! :lol: Here's their website: http://www.lollygobblesweets.com/index.html They're on 3rd St, same street as Starbucks, all the good consignment & thrift stores, AND there's an Ooh La La cupcakes right beside them!! Both were such a pleasant surprise to me!! Clearly, I had not been out to Sidney for a while!! :o :lol:
4MyLittleMonkey
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Region:

Postby Siobhanta on Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:41 pm

Siobhanta
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Region:

Postby 4MyLittleMonkey on Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:47 pm

4MyLittleMonkey
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Region:

Postby Three Little Birds on Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:15 am

I think they heard us, did anyone see todays Groupon... Candy store Groupon woohooo.

Three Little Birds
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Region:

Postby mamamoss on Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:55 am

mamamoss
to 2 girls
---------------
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss
mamamoss
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Region:

Return to Café Island Parent