KIV Community

Prayers and support needed for Tinkerbelle: UPDATE

Welcome to Café Island Parent, a place to meet with other parents and post comments on any topic you wish. Discuss movies you've seen, places you've been, or even your best method of taking time from the kids.

Note: Unless you are paid advertiser, business advertising is not permitted in this forum. For business advertising click

Moderators: Brenda N, Sue, Glowingtouch, kattnipp

Re: Prayers and support needed for Tinkerbelle: UPDATE

Postby tinkerbelle on Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:44 pm

I have come and reread this thread this past month and found comfort in the posts and the support.
Still have good days and bad days and we are just all adjusting to the new normal.

Just wanted to come and say again thank you for your support and kind words.
tinkerbelle
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Region:

Postby MeAndTheKids on Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:48 pm

Tink.....

you are an amazing woman who always had/have a helping hand for everyone no matter what....i am so sorry for what you and your family are going through and wanted to come and say my condolences...i am not a huge member of the group as ive moved away from the island long ago but you went over and beyond to help me and my family one year for christmas and i love you for that!
MeAndTheKids
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Postby change on Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:13 pm

So, as I started unpacking Christmas boxes and pulling out decorations and Christmas books, I realize how hard seasonal traditions must be for those who have lost someone important. Tink, I am guessing you are struggling with mourning and honouring AJ, and trying to be present and engaged with your other kids... I hope that your family is able to have joy and peace this holiday season.
change
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Region:

Postby TazDevil on Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:31 pm

It is good to read you posts Tinkerbelle. Sending you lots of love for you and your family.
Be a yardstick of quality. Some people aren't used to an environment where excellence is expected.

Steve Jobs
TazDevil
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Postby NatB on Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:32 pm

NatB
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Postby OnceHarmony on Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:44 pm

Thinking of you TB especially as Christmas approaches.

We found the firsts after the death so very, very hard. First Christmas, first birthday, first Mother's Day (for my Mom), first Halloween for gawd's sake. The first year of firsts sucked. :? (they got less difficult eventually).
It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to - J.R.R. Tolkien
OnceHarmony
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Region:

Postby tinkerbelle on Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:23 pm

He would have been 14 , November 18th and we honored him and acknowledged him. It was hard as in case nobody knew, he had a twin. We made the best of it but, in the end, we all had a rough week after. We did bring balloons to his memorial and played him some songs.

He has a beautiful memorial, if someone can post a pic, please do, grab it from my facebook and post it here. Enough of you know me here.
I will be putting up a Christmas tree by his memorial and I have invited everyone to put up an ornament in his memory.

While there are many facebook groups in his honor, I have made one dedicated to people's favorite memories of him. It's helped me see my child as he was when away from me and it's given the still grieving teens a positive outlet.

I still have bad days and will, my world literally fell apart but, am doing my best to just try to find my new normal, but, he's on my mind every minute of every day .
tinkerbelle
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Region:

Postby tracy on Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:15 am

Tink, you are always in my thoughts. The way you express your grief is so powerful. Please keep telling us how you are doing, I feel like I have "known" you for years, in the weird way of KIV, and care deeply for how you are doing. Hugs to you today.
tracy
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Region:

Postby Fuzzy Logic on Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:44 pm

It's so nice to see you reaching out through KIV. I know so many of us are glad to hear you are making your way through these difficult times.

I think of your family often, particularly on these dark, rainy nights. I drive slower and am more careful to watch for pedestrians.

I hope you and your boys are able to find some comfort in family and friends as the holiday season approaches.

Wishing you all the best. Take care.
Smile and the world smiles with you...
Fuzzy Logic
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Postby Tamji on Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:53 pm

:oops: hmm...I can't upload the memorial pictures - keep getting a message "your images may only be up to 400 pixels wide" == how do I upload pictures from photobucket?
I'd rather be hated for who I am
Than loved for who I am not.
Tamji
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Region:

Postby quest on Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:23 pm

I know I too think about you and your family often and want to know how your doing to ,thanks for taking the time to post .I am glad your getting some comfort out of our posts like many others have said many many times big hugs being sent your way .I would gladly carry some of your pain to lighten your load if only I could .
quest
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Postby Blacken on Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:13 pm

Embrace your memories, as painful as they are. Our family does not know your family, but we are sending prayers and love your way...
"Those who hear not the music, think the dancers mad." ~unknown
Blacken
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Region:

Postby debbiel on Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:03 pm

Tinkerbelle, you and your family are still in my thoughts every day. I am glad you find some small comfort from the support here on KIV. All the best to you always.
debbiel
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Region:

Postby tinkerbelle on Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:58 pm

Your thoughts and prayers have helped. I'm proud to say I'm back at work and have been for 2 weeks. It's a big adjustment but will eventually find the balance between work and home life. My boys are doing really good after a really bad stretch , like really bad but it seems they are finding their path again. There are a great bunch of professionals now involved with them and we will get through this together.

I've lost many people through this but that's ok, it's apparently quite normal and expected but have made so many amazing new friends so it's all balanced out.

I also did break up with my ex again who I had "gotten" back together with literally at the scene and while he was amazing and played a crucial part in the first few months, things became unhealthy again and broke up the relationship again. Very permanently. I'm dating here and there but nothing serious, completely not interested but do find it healthy to have some nice evenings as "me" once in a while.

I'm not the same, nor will I ever be, but I sure did learn a lot through this as a person and about others.

Here is a very special video tribute made by Justin's girlfriend for AJ, I was also very blessed to know Justin and family and we have been supportive to each other through the months and now. It's strange how life works sometimes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p ... fgVaXq3Y1Q

But wanted to thank you all again and say that I am doing as good as I can

Y.
tinkerbelle
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Region:

Postby debbiel on Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:11 am

Thank you for the update Tinkerbelle. No, things will never be the same for you and your family again, but I am glad you are all moving into a healthy space. It is so hard to lose a child. It has happened to my parents twice, and I know our family was never the same after the losses but we all have to move on in our own way/time. All my best wishes for you and your family. When I watch the videos/pictures of your son he just warms my heart to look at him. On of those people that just seeing his photo of his sweet face touches me. I am so very sorry for the loss of your very special boy.
debbiel
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Region:

PreviousNext

Return to Café Island Parent