KIV Community

Hawaii or ? Vacation ideas wanted!

Moderators: Glowingtouch, kattnipp

Hawaii or ? Vacation ideas wanted!

Postby Smiley on Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:54 pm

My boys and I really need to get away for awhile! We are free the last two weeks in August. I was thinking Hawaii. Is it a little cheaper then? Where is a good place to go and stay? What island is best? Do I need to rent a car? Who do you book through etc? We have never been so open to anything! Also thinking maybe visit a friend in Virginia. Lots to do around there.
Ideas and suggestions please and thank you!
Smiley
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Region:

Re: Hawaii or ? Vacation ideas wanted!

Postby onceinvic on Sun Aug 03, 2014 4:33 pm

It depends on what you consider "cheaper". Summer is peak season in Hawaii. You can get a deal as low 1300 each for 3 people for 2 weeks, including airfare.

If you are adventurous, you can check out sites like Travel Zoo, which do last minute deals.
“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.” ― Daniel J. Boorstin
onceinvic
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Postby Benjorsam on Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:17 pm

I would not consider Hawaii to be cheap at any time. We went in August of 2012 and got a fairly good deal from Bellingham but it was still almost $6000 for the 5 of us and that was just for air and hotel. The US dollar is doing way better now than it was in 2012 so you won't get as much for your Canadian dollar. Also everything is really expensive there especially food. Because you are hoping to go in a couple of weeks, you may be able to get a last minute deal. We booked through a travel agent as I can never find the deals online that everyone else seems to get. But there are some legit travel websites out there. Just make sure you google any that are not well known to you so make sure there are no complaints against them.

Benjorsam
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Region:

Postby nigelrod on Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:57 pm

I've never been to Hawaii but looks like a good choice. I have to wait for my kids to be old enough to travel as far as that.
nigelrod
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Region:

Return to Family Travel