KIV Community

Pugs

Talk with others about those loveable, furry creatures that bring so much to our lives! Share stories, find a new pet, sell pet stuff, or even find a great new home for the pet you can no longer care for.

Moderators: Glowingtouch, kattnipp

Pugs

Postby CR&D'S Mum on Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:10 pm

I am fascinated with the look of these dogs and am considering adding one to our family. I have read about them but am looking for any first hand info on them and also any breeders in the area. Thanks! :)
CR&D'S Mum
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Region:

Re: Pugs

Postby OpinionatedMother on Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:14 pm

I grew up with dogs, and when I moved out and started my family, a dog was a very important part of that. I looked long and hard for the perfect small, family dog, and I found that with my pug. I've had her now for 5 years, and every day with her is bliss. She's so patient and friendly with the kids, (especially my toddler) and when the cat's not cranky, she snuggles right up with him! I couldn't imagine my life without her, and I strongly recommend the pug for any family. I'm not sure what kind of info you're looking for but I'd be happy to answer any questions you have about them! :)
OpinionatedMother
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Postby CR&D'S Mum on Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:21 pm

Thanks for your reply!! I guess I am worried about their eyes. I have read they are easily damaged. I have 2 smaller dogs (9 lb chihuahua x with shih Tzu and a 13 lb Chinese Crested) who love to play and I was worried they might be too rambunctious for a pug. I have read such great things about their personalities and suitability for families - the ones I have met have been such nice dogs! Did you get your dog from a breeder on the island? :)
CR&D'S Mum
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Region:

Postby OpinionatedMother on Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:37 pm

Well, like all dogs pugs come with their own health concerns. I have never really had a problem with my pug getting scratched eyes, I have talked with my children at great lengths to be careful with her eyes. As for your dogs being to rambucious, precautions can always be taken. I would suggest monitoring how they play together, but I find after my pug left puppyhood, she tends to not want to play so much, rather snuggle and hang out with the family. Her eyes do tend to get watery with wind irritation. However the eyes can be easily soothed with dog eye saline.

As for where I got my pug, I got her at the pound :) a stray female and her 4 puppies were brought in, and my friend who volunteers there let me know right away they had pug puppies available. However I did a little searching and I found a few puppies that are up for adoption! Linked below! Enjoy!

http://www.kijiji.ca/b-dogs-puppies/bri ... 0c126l9007
OpinionatedMother
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Postby CR&D'S Mum on Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:53 am

Thanks so much for your reply :)
CR&D'S Mum
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Region:

Postby Kelly.campbell on Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:44 am

I love to have Pugs as a pet. They are very friendly and cute my friend got some in LA. I also planning to get one from him :)
Kelly.campbell
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Region:

Postby nigelrod on Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:26 pm

Pugs are aggressively cute.
nigelrod
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Region:

Return to Pets!