KIV Community

Bad Management!

Get it off you're chest, good or bad - here's your chance to rant and rave about what's on your mind.

PS - You still need to be nice to one another!

Moderators: Brenda N, Keeper, Glowingtouch, kattnipp

Bad Management!

Postby CharleneK on Mon Nov 10, 2014 5:05 pm

My neighbour & a friend went to a certain pub in a hotel in Langford (which shall remain nameless) to have breakfast. She had a 2 for 1 coupon, and asked the waiter is she could use it for the breakfast buffet and was told *yes*.
When the bill came, the coupon was *not* honoured, so asked to speak to the manager - who told her they are under new management & are not accepting that coupon! :? No apology, no discount, nothing! :x
Not to mention a piece of fruit on the fruit platter was moldy - told the waiter, no comment out of him at all. When she asked the manager about the remaining fruit on the tray if it had been checked, he said he hadn't been told about it.
So much for great *new* management! :roll:
Do you need a special gift for someone special?
I can custom design & fabricate just about anything!
Go to: http://www.ck-glassworks.com
CharleneK
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Region:

Re: Bad Management!

Postby beany on Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:48 pm

They won't be around long with that kind of service :cry:
beany
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Region:

Postby CharleneK on Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:08 pm

And so they shouldn't! :(

Way too much competition out there, for them to have such a bad attitude! :x

She will definitely not go back there, that's for sure! Can't say I blame her!
Do you need a special gift for someone special?
I can custom design & fabricate just about anything!
Go to: http://www.ck-glassworks.com
CharleneK
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Region:

Postby owensmum on Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:22 am

No, they won't be around that long with crappy management and service as word gets around. Maybe ask to talk to the Owner of the restaurant???

Reminds me of an experience I had at one of the Colwood restaurants. This particular restaurant my husband and I went to frequently and had been for many years. About three years ago my side of family met at this restaurant for a breakfast. This day we happened to have a new waitress helping us so things took a bit longer but we were okay as the poor girl was trying. The girl took our orders, confirmed our orders and put it through to the cook. When we got our orders all were wrong which the cook tried to blame on the new girl. The waitress confirmed everything so it wasn't her. Anyhow, we ate, paid our bill, and after a few minutes started out to the parking lot to leave. Well, we were stopped by the owners yelling at us and in front of everyone "" Excuse me, you didn't pay''. We looked at her and said yes we did pay and all brought out our receipts and she went inside I guess to confirm. In the end the owner came out and said okay you pay but no apologies or anything. It was so embarrassing to say the least and I haven't been there since and have no plans to return. I was also really felt sorry for the new waitress. I have been noticing lately that is particular restaurant doesn't appear to be as busy anymore as usually the parking lot if full but lately seems to be almost empty so not sure how business is.
owensmum
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Region:

Postby Shawna C. on Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:27 am

Reminds me of a rant (and Yelp and TripAdvisor reviews) I posted several years back about a tea house up island..My sister in law and I had gift certificates that were 6 months old and the place not only refused to honour them, the owner refused to come and speak to us...I still get emails from TripAdvisor to tell me that people click on "helpful" next to my review LOL!

I'd do the same if I were you...As far as I am concerned there are too many establishments that get away with shoddy customer services...With the cost of dining out being what it is, restaurants need to be held to a higher standard and the best way to ensure that is by providing feedback (I posted my negative reviews only after the owner refused to speak to us in person and also didn't respond to a detailed letter that I sent to her after our awful experience.) I think you should call and ask to speak to the owner and write a letter...If you get nowhere, post a couple of reviews...
“The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before. The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new.”
Shawna C.
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Region:

Return to Rants & Raves