KIV Community

disneyland shuttle from airport

Welcome to Café Island Parent, a place to meet with other parents and post comments on any topic you wish. Discuss movies you've seen, places you've been, or even your best method of taking time from the kids.

Note: Unless you are paid advertiser, business advertising is not permitted in this forum. For business advertising click

Moderators: Brenda N, Sue, Glowingtouch, kattnipp

disneyland shuttle from airport

Postby maman1 on Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:22 pm

Hello all, we are going to disney in Jan (yay!) and are staying at the Hojo. Should I book a shuttle from the airport to the hotel through them...or just flag one down when we arrive...which is cheaper or the better way to go do you think?
Thanks so much, I know there are experienced disney-goers out there who probably have some great tips ;)
maman1
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Re: disneyland shuttle from airport

Postby happygirl on Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:16 am

We usually use Super Shuttle (shared van) and book online ahead of time to take advantage of a discount code (here's one for 10% off http://anaheimoc.org/coupon/10-supershuttle). That being said, we have also just shown up and been able to get in a van, but ended up waiting a little longer than if we had a reservation.

And for the return trip the earlier you book the better it is to get the latest departure time :)

Depending on the size of your party though a private car or taxi might be cheaper. How many in your party and are you flying in to LAX or John Wayne (SNA)?
happygirl
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Postby Aladora on Sat Dec 20, 2014 9:14 am

I agree with the PP, depending on how many people are going, it might be just as cost effective to get a taxi. The taxi will be around $40 + tip and the shuttle is usually $10 per person, at least it was the last time we used a shuttle.

Also remember that if you take a taxi or shuttle that you will need to bring the same carseat or booster that you would use at home. CA has similar carseat laws as we have here.

We used a shuttle the first few times we went but now prefer the ease of taking a taxi, even if it is a bit more expensive for the 3 of us.
Susan
When life hands you lemons, ask for the tequila and salt!
Aladora
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Region:

Postby maman1 on Sat Dec 20, 2014 9:30 pm

Thank you both! There are 4 of us and we're flying into LAX. How much is super shuttle, approx if you know off hand...I can't seem to find a price without booking... :)
maman1
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Postby happygirl on Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:47 pm

Super Shuttle to/from LAX is $17 per person each way.

http://www.supershuttle.com/Locations/D ... uttle.aspx

If you were flying into John Wayne I'd do the taxi option with 4 people but I'm not sure about LAX, it's quite a bit further.

Have fun! We just got back and I can't wait to go again!
happygirl
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Postby funmom on Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:56 pm

It's cheaper to get a taxi. We discussed this with our travel agent last year when we were booking. If I remember it's cheaper by about 1/3 of the cost, plus you don't have to share a big van with anyone else. Just your own family in a cab, and go straight there. So much nicer. Have fun!
Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not.
-Dr.Seuss
funmom
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Postby happygirl on Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:07 am

Funmom, was that from LAX? A taxi that was 1/3 the cost of a shuttle? You got a great deal.

This is what I know for us: Four people from SNA, a taxi makes sense - they usually offer a flat rate.

Four people from LAX, a taxi is at least $100 one way to DL (not including tip) . http://www.taxifarefinder.com/main.php?city=LA ($110 to the Hojo using the fare finder). Add in traffic problems and it could be more.

OP - I've also heard good things about Prime Time Shuttle, but have never used them myself. And whatever way you get there, have fun!
happygirl
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Postby funmom on Mon Dec 29, 2014 11:59 am

No, taxi was 1/3 cheaper. So cost 2/3rds of what the shuttle was. Plus they just go directly there. Not sure which airport we came into to be honest...John Wayne? To the Sheraton which was just down the street from DL, not far at all. Can't remember what our taxi ended up costing, but it was less than the shuttle would've cost, and so much more efficient.
Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not.
-Dr.Seuss
funmom
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Postby happygirl on Mon Dec 29, 2014 1:34 pm

Oh I see, you said cheaper by 1/3 of the cost... That makes more sense :) And definitely worth it if flying into SNA, especially with the time saved! Cheers!
happygirl
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Postby maman1 on Thu Jan 01, 2015 11:49 pm

Thanks everyone. I booked the super shuttle, and was happily surprised the total cost was $63 round trip for the 4 of us! It was $17 each (round trip), plus the 10% discount :)
maman1
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Postby mountainchick on Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:23 am

Have you considered renting a car ? We found it to be cheap and we got a mini van. You could rent a car with the 4 of you. We got our rental for 6 days, $300 taxes incl. (for mini van) was the same price as shuttles and we will have a vehicle to venture around. :mrgreen:
mountainchick
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Return to Café Island Parent