KIV Community

Question about the UCCB which is starting in July...

Welcome to Café Island Parent, a place to meet with other parents and post comments on any topic you wish. Discuss movies you've seen, places you've been, or even your best method of taking time from the kids.

Note: Unless you are paid advertiser, business advertising is not permitted in this forum. For business advertising click

Moderators: Brenda N, Sue, Glowingtouch, kattnipp

Question about the UCCB which is starting in July...

Postby Benjorsam on Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:33 am

It says if you have completed an application in the past you don't have to fill another one out. I used to get the UCCB for my kids (or at least the last two. I can't remember if I ever got it for my oldest) until they turned 6. Does this mean they already have my application on file so I don't have to apply again?

Benjorsam
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Region:

Re: Question about the UCCB which is starting in July...

Postby brymommy on Fri Mar 06, 2015 6:37 am

It should.

I hadn't applied for any benefits yet after having my third and one day money just showed up in my accounts. It had been 6 years since my last child and they automatically signed us up. It happened for both UCCB which we hadn't gotten for a couple months and for CCTB which we hadn't gotten for a few years and I didn't think we'd be eligible for.
brymommy
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Region:

Postby Benjorsam on Fri Mar 06, 2015 9:20 am

I finally got a hold of them. They said that right now this is only in a proposal stage. It hasn't passed yet. But if it does, there will be no need to reapply if you've ever received the UCCB in the past. And it will be back dated to January which means everyone should receive a cheque for $420 per child between the ages of 6 and 18 and then $60 per month starting in August.

Benjorsam
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Region:

Postby TazDevil on Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:42 pm

Be a yardstick of quality. Some people aren't used to an environment where excellence is expected.

Steve Jobs
TazDevil
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Postby OnceHarmony on Sat Mar 14, 2015 8:42 pm

Then the Government of Canada needs to update their website.

"Now, the Government is PROPOSING to enhance the UCCB by providing up to $1,920 per year for each child under the age of 6, and introducing a new benefit of up to $720 per year for children aged 6 through 17."

The UCCB enhancements would take effect starting January 2015 and would begin to be reflected in monthly payments to recipients in July 2015, pending parliamentary approval of the necessary legislation.

http://www.budget.gc.ca/efp-peb/2014/uc ... paign=uccb

And isn't there an election coming up? Everyone repeat after me "Harper is buying votes" and it will work again too.
It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to - J.R.R. Tolkien
OnceHarmony
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Region:

Postby Benjorsam on Tue Jul 07, 2015 7:27 pm

For those who are interested, payments will be starting on July 20th.

http://www.canada.ca/en/campaign/taxsav ... -tax-guide

Benjorsam
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Region:

Postby flavourlessVanilla on Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:32 pm

"With the enhanced UCCB, Canadians will receive an extra $720 annually for each child under 18, including the lump-sum payments this week retroactive to the start of the year.
However, on the same day the UCCB came into effect (Jan. 1), the federal government also eliminated an existing child tax credit of $2,255, which was worth $337.50 per child annually in 2015. That change alone wipes out almost half of the UCCB increase for taxpayers.
The UCCB goes to parents of minor children whether they pay tax or not — but it is also taxable, both federally and provincially. An Ontario parent earning $50,000, for example, pays income tax at a combined marginal rate of 31.15 per cent. So, with $720 of added income from the UCCB, an additional $224.28 would be clawed back as taxes next year.
Employment Minister Pierre Poilievre has touted the economic impact of nearly $3 billion in lump-sum payments sent out this week under an enhanced child care benefit program. (CBC News)
Those two factors leave $158.22 a year per child for that Ontario parent, or an additional $13.18 a month net."
A 'No' uttered from the deepest conviction is better than a 'Yes' merely uttered to please, or worse, to avoid trouble. - Mahatma Gandhi

flavourlessVanilla
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Postby flavourlessVanilla on Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:53 pm

Last edited by flavourlessVanilla on Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A 'No' uttered from the deepest conviction is better than a 'Yes' merely uttered to please, or worse, to avoid trouble. - Mahatma Gandhi

flavourlessVanilla
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Postby TazDevil on Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:02 pm

Yes, but I knew I would break about even with my salary. The main benefit is single parents or low income parents who didn't make enough to claim the credit and/or don't pay as much tax. They are the ones that benefit.
Be a yardstick of quality. Some people aren't used to an environment where excellence is expected.

Steve Jobs
TazDevil
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Postby 2roses on Fri Jul 24, 2015 3:00 pm

2roses
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Postby TazDevil on Fri Jul 24, 2015 9:07 pm

Steve Jobs
TazDevil
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Return to Café Island Parent