KIV Community

Hospital to replace doctors with Parents doing Internet rese

Welcome to Café Island Parent, a place to meet with other parents and post comments on any topic you wish. Discuss movies you've seen, places you've been, or even your best method of taking time from the kids.

Note: Unless you are paid advertiser, business advertising is not permitted in this forum. For business advertising click

Moderators: Brenda N, Sue, Glowingtouch, kattnipp

Hospital to replace doctors with Parents doing Internet rese

Postby TazDevil on Thu Sep 24, 2015 7:08 pm

http://thespudd.com/hospital-to-replace ... -research/

SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA – A large tertiary care center in Sydney, Australia is pulling out all the stops to try and cut their expenses. As of next month, all doctors and nurses currently on staff will be replaced by parents who have done research on the Internet.

“I can’t tell you how happy and relieved I am when a patient tells me they have done some research on the internet” said head of neurology, Dr. Eric Sheppard. “It’s only topped by a patient telling me they have a family member who is a nurse.”

The hospital is excited about how much money this move should save them, not to mention the overwhelming support from parents everywhere.

“This is a great move in my opinion” said anti-vaccer Meryl Dorey. “Most parents know more than doctors anyways, so this is a huge step in the right direction.”

The current staff are in the process of being moved to other less innovative health centers.
Be a yardstick of quality. Some people aren't used to an environment where excellence is expected.

Steve Jobs
TazDevil
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Re: Hospital to replace doctors with Parents doing Internet

Postby quest on Thu Sep 24, 2015 7:41 pm

Ok.... I don't understand the point of this satire .
What am I missing ....
quest
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Postby kaidens gramma on Fri Sep 25, 2015 7:48 am

Love this. Everyone's an expert these days. Thank Goodness for the internet!! (eye roll)
My chuckle for the day. :D
kaidens gramma
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Region:

Postby muminvic on Fri Sep 25, 2015 11:16 am

Oh! I thought it was real. LOL I do try and research on-line and then take my "findings" to the doctor and discuss it with her. I feel like we're partners when it comes to my health and my sons health.
Eats on Feets: Connecting Babies and Breast Milk
From informal to informed -- Eats On Feets, the leading resource for community based breastmilk sharing. Eats On Feets is a world-wide network for those who have made the informed choice to share breastmilk.

https://www.facebook.com/eatsonfeetsvancouverisland
muminvic
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Postby TazDevil on Sat Sep 26, 2015 12:28 pm

It was a satirical article made with regards to the parents who don't vaccinate their kids because of feeling they know more than their doctors due to their "research" on the Internet. I personally find the Internet very useful but there is so much mis-information out there that people just believe without any common sense.

This is another satirical one. http://www.dhmo.org/facts.html

Note that this is an article about the "dangers of water" that actually sparked an anti DHMO group similar to the anti-BPA one.
Be a yardstick of quality. Some people aren't used to an environment where excellence is expected.

Steve Jobs
TazDevil
KI(vic) Member
KI(vic) Member

Return to Café Island Parent