Source: Victoria Carpet Care
Original Article: Click Here
· For large beer stains, work from the outside of stain to the center to prevent spreading.
· Blot up beer spills with a white towel or paper towel.
· Mix a solution of 1/4 teaspoon of clear hand dishwashing detergent with 1 cup of water. Stir gently.
· Apply detergent solution directly to a white cloth. Dampen the carpet fibers in the stained area with the cloth. Avoid saturating the carpet.
· Wipe gently. Turn cloth frequently. Never rub, scrub or use a brush. This may damage carpet fibers.
· If necessary, use your fingertips to work the solution to the base of the stain.
· Wet the stained carpet fibers with clear, lukewarm water to rinse.
· Cover the spot with an absorbent white towel or paper towel and apply pressure to blot.
· Repeat the rinsing and blotting procedures until you are sure all traces of the detergent have been removed.
· If the beer stain is gone, place an absorbent white towel or paper towel over the area cleaned, and weigh towels down with a heavy, colorfast object, such as a weighted plastic wastebasket.
· Change towels or paper towels until carpet dries.
· If beer stain remains, proceed to Step 2.
· Do NOT use on coffee, tea or urine stains.
· Mix 2 tablespoons of non-bleaching, non-sudsing household ammonia with 1 cup of lukewarm water.
· Apply ammonia solution, rinse and blot as outlined in Step 1.
· Do not dry with paper towels. Proceed to Step 3 to neutralize the ammonia solution.
· Mix 1 cup of white vinegar with 2 cups of water.
· Apply vinegar solution, rinse and blot as outlined in Step 1.
If you’d like to have your carpets completely cleaned—removing allergens, bacteria and pollutants—then we invite you to give us a call at 250-474-7777. Our Victoria Carpet Care trained customer service staff would be happy to answer any additional questions you may have regarding carpet cleaning and schedule a free Carpet Evaluation to determine what your exact needs are to care for your home.
250.474.7777 ~ Call today!
|Submitted by: |
If you find an article you think we'll enjoy, share it with us.
Just remember to give proper credit to the author, and to provide a link to the site where you found it.
We all want to respect copyright.
|<< prev. month||next month >>|
Sign up now to start receiving the Island Parent Newsletter. It only takes a minute.
Enter now for your chance to win some exciting prizes in our Island Parent Contest! We have new contests often, so check back regularly!