Oak and Orca Bioregional School is located in Victoria, BC, Canada, and is run by the Bioregional Education Association, a BC Society and a Canadian Charity.
- Hands-On Home-Learning K-12 (Distributed Learing)
- Blended Learning 1-2 days a week at the School (may have waitlist)
- Forest School 2 days a week in Mount Douglas Park
- Oak and Orca Pre-Primary School Ages 3-5 (waitlist being taken)
- Oak and Orca Bioegional School K-12 (waitlist being taken)
- Summer Day Programs Ages 5-12
Oak and Orca is a place that is always full of life!
Commitment to a bioregional philosophy has led us to create unique learning opportunities based on self-empowerment of the individuals in our programs. We are committed to providing quality programs with an environmental perspective and choices for children.
The Oak and Orca DL is a fully-funded, certified independent school offering the hands-on home-learning program now K-12. Through inquiry-based learning, children can learn by following their interests. We offer fun, hands-on activities linked to the learning standards to supplement your family learning experiences.
Learning strategies and activities are offered as choices, and are not manditory. Activities often include concepts and skills from more than one subject area and are chosen in response to a child’s own interests and learning goals.
Our goal is to support and challenge children to learn, without pressure. For additional interest we provide activities based on seasonal festivals and celebrations from around the world.
You will have ongoing contact with a certified teacher for strategies, ideas and inspiration. Family routines and ways of learning are valued and incorporated into the program which recognizes individual family values and beliefs. Our ungraded program allows each child to learn at an individual pace. We use a positive, non-threatening assessment and reporting technique.
Our program is flexible with support and autonomy, and includes an expense budget for resources and educational classes.
Two blended learning opportunities are available in Victoria:
1) NEW Bioregional Forest School Blended program.: Students learn in the forest (Mount Douglas Park) two days a week and learn at home three days.
2) On-Site at Oak and Orca School: Students can apply for one or two day attendance at Oak and Orca School (some age groups unfortunately have a wait list).
Please see our website
for more informaiton.