Category | Employment
Customer Service Specialist
POSITION TITLE: Customer Service Specialist
REPORTS TO: Front Desk Supervisor
COMMITMENT: Part-time; approximately 10-20 hours/week
COMPENSATION PACKAGE: $14/hour (+$1/hour for OFA coverage)
Founded in 2008, PISE is a non-profit organization that provides programs and services for South Vancouver Island while managing the Pacific Institute for Sport Excellence facility, the first summer sport institute in Canada. Nationally recognized for work in the areas of physical literacy and inclusion, PISE is also a part of the ViaSport Regional Alliance in BC. The organization helps build a healthy, active community while focusing on inclusion, physical literacy, active living and supporting the development of performance sport. PISE’s driving purpose is to transform lives through healthy activity and sport by providing physical activity and health education programming and services for children, youth and adults. Visit PISE.ca to learn more.
Customer Service Specialists (CSS) are responsible for staffing the front desk of the fitness centre and assisting all clients with membership and program registrations, monitoring client waivers, inputting program attendance in addition to a range of other administrative duties and direct customer service. CSS are also required to be Occupational First Aid (OFA) Level 1 certified as they provide first aid coverage for all occupants of the facility during operating hours. CSS are required to fulfill the job duties efficiently and accurately without direct supervision.
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILTIES
• Friendly greeting and customer service for all clients
• Provide program/membership information and registration including fee collection
• Cash transactions and daily reconciliations
• First Aid attendant to all building first aid emergencies
• Handling phone-in and in-person inquires
• Checking ID, membership and waiver information
• Handing out equipment, towels, keys
• Awareness of facility bookings and assist with facility tours
• Light cleaning and room set ups as necessary
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Customer Service Specialists are responsible for providing Occupational First Aid (OFA) coverage for all occupants of the facility. Candidates must either be OFA level 1 - Standard First Aid certified, or, be prepared to complete the 2 Day training. OFA course fees to be covered by PISE. Applicants must be 19 years of age to fulfill the duties of OFA attendant as required by Worksafe BC.
• Current Police Information Check with Vulnerable Sector Screen, or willingness to provide one prior to start of position
• Demonstrated previous experience in customer service; cashiering and retail
• Sales skills preferred
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, experience using Outlook and other basic computer skills
• Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a busy environment
• Strong work ethic: reliable, team player, positive attitude, independent, enthusiastic and outgoing
• Experience in fitness or recreation settings an asset
• Healthy lifestyle & an interest in health and wellness
• Must be available to work mornings, afternoons, and the possibility of evening and weekend shifts
Applications will be accepted until a suitable candidate is found. Please submit a resume and a cover letter to:
Human Resources Assistant
Thank you for your interest in PISE.
Please note, due to the number of resumes received,
only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
No comments have been left.
Place a classified ad
Hanging on to things your child has outgrown? Clutter in the closet or basement? Kid's stuff, household items, and pretty much anything else you've got... List it for free in Island Parent Online (Formerly Kids In Victoria)'s Classified Ads.