Metchosin Preschool …learning together
Play a part in your child’s first educational experience as your child gains new learning and social skills – join our parent participation preschool.
Metchosin Preschool has so many great things to offer:
* Friendly, ECE-certified staff, spacious school house and playground in a natural setting designed just for 2 1/2 -5 year-olds
* An ideal balance between free play and structured activities gives your child time to socialize with other children, and learn new things
* Nature-oriented field trips; music time
* Open access to a great range of quality educational and art materials
Several classes are available, and run from September to mid-June:
* Mon, Wed and Friday mornings, 9-11:30 am ($110/month)
This class offers some early academics, such as simple science experiments and letter/name recognition, for the 4-5 year-old students. These activities are optional for 2 1/2 to 3-year-olds attending the class.
* Tues and Thurs mornings, 9-11:15am ($65/month)
* Tues and Thurs afternoon class, 12:30-2:45pm ($65/month).
* Parent/child drop-in, Wednesdays from 12:30-2 pm ($3 per child). A great way to introduce yourself and your child to the school. Circle, story time, crafts, and snack time provide a taste of our preschool program.
Metchosin Preschool is a parent participation preschool. This means that, with the exception of the drop-in class, parents:
* Help out in the classroom once per month, and with a clean-up once per year
* Attend a parent meeting the first Tuesday evening of each month (child care available by donation)
* Have a “job” at the school (either on the executive committee, or with a regular duty such as play-dough making or getting library books)
* Participate in fundraising activities, such as a silent auction dance and Christmas tree/raffle ticket sales.
Joining a parent participation preschool lets you be a part of your child’s early education – you see them in action in the classroom, and have a vote in decisions made at the school.
For more information, or to find out about registering, call us at: 478-9241 or send us an email to [email protected], or check out our web site at: www.metchosinpreschool.com.