West Shore Parks & Recreation is dedicated to providing diverse and accessible recreational and entertainment opportunities and maintaining facilities that offer all West Shore residents and visitors excellent experiences for healthy active lifestyles and community gatherings. Whether you enjoy a stroll in the park, a swim in the pool, playing soccer with friends, or a round of golf, West Shore Parks & Recreation has programs and facilities a variety of recreational opportunities, including:
Juan de Fuca RECREATION CENTRE
- Juan de Fuca “JdF” Arena 950 bleacher seats
- Swimming Pool 25m in length with eight lanes, diving board, adventure pool with spray toys, and a 7.5 meter water slide.
- Swirl Pool/Sauna/Steam Room
- Weight Room 6,555 sq.ft. weight training and cardio equipment
- Fitness Studio 2,755 sq.ft. open flooring with mirrors and a high quality sound system
- Childminding/Preschool/Out of School Care
- Curling Rink Eight Sheets with a licensed 80 seat lounge.
- Various Meeting Rooms
The Q Centre
- 3000 seat spectator arena (formerly Bear Mountain Arena) with both ice and dry floor seasons
- Pottery Studio
Juan de Fuca Golf Course
- Nine hole par 3 golf course.
Juan de Fuca LOWER PARK
- Clubhouse 1460 sq.ft., two rooms, up and down.
- Kinsmen Fieldhouse Fully catered kitchen., seats 80. Suitable for weddings & functions
- Kids Cottage Outside fenced Play Area
- Rotary Play Park – Preschool and school age equipment.
- Rotary Picnic Playground – Preschool, school age and accessible equipment.
- Playing Fields – Three 210’ x 300’ grass fields, all with lights.
- Ball Diamonds – Two Youth & One Adult
- Beach Volleyball – Three sand courts
- Tennis Courts – Four porous concrete courts
- Paul Valentine Memorial Basketball Courts – Two asphalt courts with lights.
- Lacrosse Box
- Lawn Bowling – Four Greens
- BMX Track
- Jogging Trail – 2.8km (1.5 mile) accessible loop with a smooth gravel surface.
- Picnic Shelter
Located at 2805 Carlow Road, Langford BC V9B 5V9 The corner of Goldstream Road and Carlow Road, next to Centennial Playground.
- Multi-Purpose Rooms
Oak Room (Dance/Yoga Studio) 820 sq.ft
Spruce Room 670 sq.ft
Youth Room 826 sq.ft
Craft Room 280 sq.ft
Kitchen 280 sq.ft
- Specialized Rooms
Arbutus Room 393 sq.ft (Preschool Room not available for rental)
WildPlay West Shore Victoria – Monkido Tree Course
Monkido tree courses is an elevated obstacle courses set in the forests just behind The Q Centre and securely suspended in the trees at 10 to 60 feet off the ground!
Visit our website www.wildplay.com for more information
55+ Activity Centre
Juan de Fuca Senior Citizens Association is located next to the Juan de Fuca Recreation Centre. The Association is driven by membership and completely run by volunteers. To utilize the programs, you must join the Association. Once your membership is paid, the programs you are interested in are free. The only items you may pay for are materials that you may require in some of the programs. Website
School District 62
Located at 3143 Jacklin Road, Victoria, BC V9B 5R1
In addition to our own facilities, we also work closely with the Sooke School District to provide evening recreation programs in school facilities by acting as the district’s booking agent, thereby allowing after-hours community access to school fields, gyms and classrooms. Website
Shoreline Community Middle School (SD#61)
Located at 2750 Shoreline Drive, Victoria BC V9B 1M6
It is with great enthusiasm that West Shore Parks and Recreation Society works in partnership with the Shoreline Community School Association and School District 61 to develop and offer programs to enhance community education programming, within the school. Website
Juan de Fuca Branch of the Greater Victoria Public Library Website